Limbaugh mocks / accuses Michael J. Fox of faking Parkinson's disease

Started by Oldman, October 26, 2006, 03:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Sometimes honesty and good taste can't sit on the same shelf. I don't think Limbaugh said he's faking
Parkinson's disease , but exaggerating the symptoms for political and promotional value.

Getting Parkinson's didn't make M.J. Fox a saint.....Just in search of a cure , which he wasn't , before his ailment. But Limbaugh should know better and act better.

And when did Michael J. Fox become an american???????? I don't think he did. But he called himself an American  ??? ???

We have great people all over this world in every country. But why do so many travel to America , become wealthy and famous ,  and still say we're wrong and who to vote for ?

Not tryin' to ruffle any feathers...............just beeping it REAL

Coyote

P.S. I too have lost family members to vicious deseases. ALS , Pancreas cancer (my grandmother and father)
Even while they were fighting and dying they were against butchering of humans...even the unborn.

Kummok

Dang, Big Smoker.....this is just discourse amongst friends and fellow smokers. We are going to agree and disagree on many things, none of which are worth leaving over.....yer too valuable to the smokers to lose over to this particular thread. I don't usually throw a dog into these off-smoker discussions, but occasionally " jes cain't hep m'sef". Such was the case this time and I feel that I gained as well as contributed. I sincerely hope that you don't check out from the forum permanently. You and I ride the same trail on this one but could be on opposite sides on a different one, BUT I can't benefit from your knowledge and experience if you're no longer around. :(

I too have had friends/family experience the loss of children and it sux and ain't "supposed" to happen that way. I  am sincerely sorry for your sister-in-law's devastating experience....my youngest daughter lost one of her twins and the other was born 2 months premature (doing GREAT now!), and our best friend had to carry her unborn child around for the last two months, to term, knowing it was dead. I, (and other forum members!), understand and share your commitment to children, born and unborn and it SHOULD be taken to the voting booth....it should also be proclaimed/discussed amongst friends such as those on this forum. You can't do that if you're gone....soooo, I hope that you go smoke something, perhaps have a cool porter, rethink, and get back in the trenches... ;) ;D

ThanX to all for the kind words about my dad. I can tell you that he is at peace with God on this and that he has taken this disease head-on like he does a grizzly, with bravery and realism.....the grizzlys have never won against him, but this disease will, at least here on earth. He knows that but he would NEVER allow himself to be healed at the cost of an unborn child.

ThanX to Olds also for giving the opportunity for discourse with this thread....I just hope that the politics of who-dissed-who doesn't fog the real issue of whether or not to harvest children for personal use....reminds me of the old Soylent Green movie :o (Can you smoke Soylent Green?!?!?)  ??? ;) ;D

Oldman

QuoteI am truly sorry for those of you that choose to believe the uneducated biased media.

I'm a little lost here. It sort of sounds as if you are upset with the messenger rather than the message. I'm having a hard time placing that vid of Rush into the category of "uneducated biased media."

QuoteI wish you all well and continued happiness in your pursuit of perfectly smoked foods.  I bid you all a farewell.

I posted about Rush and his comments to show just how far some people will go in effort to reach their own end. This thread is not about addressing the question of whether destroying human embryos is morally defensible. It is about an ugly attack by Rush on Fox's person.

I can only guess that you are a follower of Rush and as such watching that vid of him must have been a real let down--that this is an emotional time for you. However, don't let that be the reason for your leaving.  If you do go you will be missed.
Olds 

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Brother Bill

Big Smoker

I agree with you 100%. Your info on stem cell research is accurate. It was confirmed to me personally by a Doctor friend, as I had lost my mother a few years ago with Parkinson's, and was concerned about the progress and latest research. Thanks for your moral stand as well. You are blessed!

Brother Bill

coyote

Being in broadcast radio for the last quarter century, trust me on this.

People like Fox make millions and millions making the world a stage........

People like Limbaugh  make just as much , pissing folks off by shooting holes
in their play.

In short , it's  show biz !!!!!!!!!!!Sprinkled with a dab of reality once in a great while. Oh, by the way I checked . M.J. Fox received Duel Citizenship in 2004
to campain and vote for John Kerry................
                                                              Let's Smoke'em All,
                                                                     Coyote

Kummok

Quote from: Oldman on October 27, 2006, 01:38:04 AM
.....This thread is not about addressing the question of whether destroying human embryos is morally defensible. It is about an ugly attack by Rush on Fox's person.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one Olds. You might have intended your post to be just about one entertainer's dis of another during the silly season, but that's like saying that the Twin Towers is really about what kind of windows were in the Towers. I don't believe that all the ancillary lies in the video are about Rush's opinion about Fox's appearance.....the dis is just the bait...it's the mistruthes about stem cell research that filled the majority of that vid....it was indeed, IMHO, 2 % truth on the Monday "exaggerating" statements between actors (MJF 1 - Rush 0) and 98% uneducated biased media opinion on the stem cell research debate (MSNBC 100 - Truth 0 :().

Distilled to its essence, this thread and the foundational issue IS indeed about the ongoing debate between Libs and Cons on respect for unborn children.....too bad we can't interview the unborn in a Rep ad and see what MSNBC would have for an "educated, unbiased report" :o

coyote

The media attention combined with personal debates around the country on this matter is worth
millions.............From the Fox campain endorsement ad to the rude response from Limbaugh........

Very well planned from the very beginning.............and very successfull!!!!!!!!!!!

Coyote

Oldman

OK you all beat me up.. I'm done here... to bad this did not happen yesterday as I would have saved myself the monies I just spent to renew the chat room... not to mention the recipe site.

Several of you took a Rush bashing of Fox and now have turned it into a suck-up  job for your hero Rush...

Well I'm out of here... better places or at least more honest places to contribute my time too.

Cya at the polls... I'm a R voting D!
Smoke on and good eating!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Olds;

Don't believe for one minute that there are not others who agree with you in whole or at least part. I understood the nature of your post, but like I've stated in the past, I'm not going to partake in posts once it turns into a wedge issue. I'm sure there are many who feel the same.

In closing, for every argument there is an effective counter argument, with the data to support opposing positions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

coyote

Let it be known far and wide, I am not a Rush fan by any means. He may raise a good garden, but to me, the seeds get lost in the fertilizer. I think actors and news
entertainment folks should stay out of the  political endorsement arena.

All the public know about these folks are the roles they play. A-C-T-I-N-G
They are pros who would never smoke their own food  ;D The Chef would do it.

I have yet to vote a straight ticket , it won't happen this year either  :-\

Smoke on,

Coyote

Kummok

Quote from: coyote on October 27, 2006, 04:45:09 PM
.....I think actors and news entertainment folks should stay out of the  political endorsement arena......

Amen to dat brudda! And it would seem that all we, the unwashed, can get from the "news" anymore is just that.....ENTERTAINMENT.  ;) :D

Gotta admit my own thick skin is probably due to too many years scraping spent lives up with a spatula, but this thread is now invisible to me....I thought it could be a good discourse but too many taking it too personal....don't want to be party to that....I'm gonna go smoke something....the polls!  ;) ;D

bubbagump

This thread is a perfect example why this kind of crap should be posted on other forums. What has been gained by it? Now two long time contributors to this forum no longer want to be a part of it.

Olds, as a long time contributor, you should realize nothing is gained by debating politics here. Color it anyway you want, but your recent threads, and your links to politically biased websites, were politically motivated, and your last comment that you are voting Democrat this year is clear indication of that. Olds, you started this, and now that others don't share your opinion, you want to take your ball and glove and go home.

The one question I have though is, where is Chez in all of this? He was quick to address the issue of politics when Kummok posted about America's fishing days being over, http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4077.0 and also blasted TomG in another thread when he mistakening thought Tom was putting a political spin on the thread, but has not commented at all about this thread, or any of the other politically motivated threads that Olds has begun a habit of posting.

So Chez, my request to you is, moderate this forum and do so consistantly. Politics and assault weapons have no purpose here, period. The comments you made below, Chez, are right on.

Let's make it happen.

Quote from: Chez Bubba on September 25, 2006, 06:18:51 PM
Let's not turn this into a political forum & just keep to discussing smoking & stuff. Those of you wanting to banter with the enemy I'm sure know of plenty of other places to do so.

Nothing can turn good friends into "idiots" faster than politics or religion. I have no desire to try & moderate the heated discussions that are bound to occur.

Besides, you're tempting me to express my opinion & just make it worse! ;D

We're all here for a reason, let's remember what it is. :)

Kirk

Bubbagump

Chez Bubba

See guys, this is why I hate it when threads turn political. It turns the discourse from a common recreational passion into an arguement about core personal values & beliefs. That, combined with the lack of voice inflection from typing, result in a stupidly volatile situation.

When it comes down to something true to your heart, or something you have personal experience with, everybody, no matter which side of the lake you live on, tends to over-react. I think everybody just needs to go have a cold one & get back to talking smokin' tomorrow.

Email me if you have a comment, cause I'm shuttin' this one down. :-[

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

TomG

What the hell, it is Friday night!

You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts .

Republican voters are divided on embryonic stem cell research, according to a survey of 800 conducted by pollster David Winston, who also conducts surveys for the Republican leadership in the House and Senate. 25% of Republicans said they wanted no government funding of the research, 33% favored the limited funding Bush offers, and 36% wanted expanded funding to cover research on leftover embryos at fertility clinics. The Winston poll was sponsored by a group of centrist Republicans, The Republican Main Street Partnership.(Wikipedia)

I have no with problem Christian Scientists not taking medications or Jehovah Witnesses refusing blood bank products.  Fortunely, if they are minors, they should and do become wards of the court and rationality prevails.  And I would applaud any and all adult Evangilicals who, on the of bases of religious convections, denied themselves or their relatives of legal majority, the benefits of potentially life-saving therapy derived from embryonic stem cell research.

Keep your religion out fo my science and I'll promise to keep my science out of your religion :)

QuoteI've done some research into the "mark of the beast" v.s. things like IDs and chip implants, Boxer. Based upon my research so far, I currently believe that the national ID isn't the "mark", but it certainly desensitizes younger generations into a dangerous acceptance of such "human inventory/control" programs, which certainly take us in that direction.

Kummok, It's time for more research Amigo ;)

Arcs_n_Sparks

I, of course, am still drinking at a distance......... 8) 8) 8)

Arcin' & Sparkin'