Growing chillies

Started by manxman, March 27, 2009, 07:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on March 28, 2009, 08:58:01 PM
QuoteWhen picking them use rubber gloves. Ask me how I know.

Ask Smoking Duck about his experience not wearing rubber gloves.  ;D ;D ;D

Is that something like "Do a little Dance ......."
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

minnowfisher

Hi Manxman,
Try going into the Scoville scale, that will give you the hottest chillies on the planet, hope his helps.

minnowfisher
JFG
Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur
Once an Argyll, always an Argyll

pensrock

QuoteIs that something like "Do a little Dance ......."

Exactly.  ;D

Smoking Duck

Let's just say that I felt like I moved with grace but I'm quite sure it more mimicked the dance of a chicken whowe head had just been removed.  The south 40 was on fire for quite some time.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Roadking

Quote from: Smoking Duck on March 30, 2009, 05:11:10 AM
Let's just say that I felt like I moved with grace but I'm quite sure it more mimicked the dance of a chicken whowe head had just been removed.  The south 40 was on fire for quite some time.

O chee mama !!!  The south 40? I guess you won the Mexican Hat dance on dancing with the chillies...

josbocc

SD,

I did a similar "Faux Pas" with some Jalapenos a while back.  I was doing up some ABT's, and who would think..., had a couple of frosty cold beverages while preparing them.  Next thing I know, mother nature is calling, and STUPID here just went about his business without so much as rinsing in cold water first.  AYYY Carumba :o :o :o  I can't even begin to imagine doing that with a pepper that ranks a bit higher on the scoville scale.  That experience leaves a lasting impression.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Mr Walleye

Yup... and when the heat hits... you get that "deer in the headlights" look!

Then it comes to you... Doh!  ::)

Not that it's ever happened to me!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Mike,
Everyone does it once sooner or later. Not too many do it twice.  ;D

Father Tom

:D ;DPeppers
If u want seeds try this outfit out.  I have been getting seeds there for years.  You will find very interesting ones.  As far as i know they do not have email adress.

PEPPER JOE'S INC.
7 TYBURN COURT
TIMONIUM, MD 21093

They will send you a Catalogue.  They even have "Bhut Jolokia" or Ghost Pepper which is the Hottest Pepper in the World at 970,000 Scoville units.  Which is hotter than the Habanero & Scotch Bonnet.

Tom

Mr Walleye

Tom

I just did a quick search on the net and found their site.

http://www.pepperjoe.com/

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

I would also love to grow my own chillies, but as my time is limited lately, i'm seriously considering the AeroGarden. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, Costco do a good deal on them so maybe?

I know a good few members here own the AeroGarden, so i wondered, can you use your own seeds with them, or do they have to be the special pods?

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

La Quinta

I remember walking out to our backyard in Florida....was so impressed with myself for growing hot chilli pepper...I didn't know what the hell a "Naga" was...but they were lovely....then I pulled one off the plant...took a bite...screamed...ran inside....my poor husband was on the phone...and I ran around the house screaming..."Oh my God"...."Oh my God" for a good 5 minutes before I went to the milk option....didn't help...then just cursing and such...It's a life lesson....I'm really ok now...  ???  ???  :o

Ka Honu

Quote from: La Quinta on April 12, 2009, 08:10:48 PM... screaming..."Oh my God"...."Oh my God"

LQ - Do you say these things on purpose to fuel our fantasies?

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on April 12, 2009, 11:34:21 AM
I would also love to grow my own chillies, but as my time is limited lately, i'm seriously considering the AeroGarden. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, Costco do a good deal on them so maybe?

I know a good few members here own the AeroGarden, so i wondered, can you use your own seeds with them, or do they have to be the special pods?

LilSmoker

You can use your own seeds for sure. Ann grows peppers and all sorts of goodies in the Aero Garden. They actually have a kit to get you started on growing your own seeds. If you have any questions give me a shout and we can help you out LS. Here in Alaska during the winter it sure is nice to pick tomatoes, peppers and herbs right out of the garden and use them.

pensrock

QuoteHere in Alaska during the winter it sure is nice to pick tomatoes, peppers and herbs right out of the garden and use them.

It would also be nice to grab a few kings out of the river when you need them also.  ;)