Wasted pucks...

Started by bcbobster, February 15, 2005, 11:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />.... In 2-1/2 weeks of being up there, I interacted with <b>one</b> person I would label an asshole.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

C'mon CB, I wasn't THAT bad....I even fed ya local brew berries!![:D][;)]

P.S.  Folks COULD stay at Dirtbag Sandy's "Captain's Cabin" for a lot less! No color TV, but the "Bay view channel" on the front porch has many great reruns!! [;)][:D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />.... In 2-1/2 weeks of being up there, I interacted with <b>one</b> person I would label an asshole.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

C'mon CB, I wasn't THAT bad....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">We both know that statement is about the farthest from the truth as it could possibly be![8D][8D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Kirk,

I can agree about the boat deal but a couple of thoughts.  This was the Hen Mallards and I second cruse, we kind of knew what was coming.  A cruse it what you make it, some of the off shore things can get expensive but you can have a great time without all those things, remeber you are talking to cheap butt here.

The worst part of the boat is who you might get stuck with at the dining hour.  Some day I will tell you the story on how me missed the first day of the trip but any way we cought up with the boat in Kechikan and we had to take what was left and we got stuck with these well seasoned (over seasoned)(6 of them) crusers lets call them, we did not fit into ther style of stuff at all.  That was worst time we had was sitting with those know it all's and them trying to tell us how to do things.  About the Vegas type stuff, not for us either but I will tell you this I will ALWAYS remeber the time I spent with my wife sitting on the back of the boat with a great cup of coffee while EVERYONE else was doing the vegas thing.  The day/dusk light way into the evening, very few other people using that place on the boat.  WE LOVED IT and was tooo beauuutiful.

However I do understand that many boats have cured seating issues with a much more diverse dinner times avaulable.  This was a few years ago, I beleive, with air fair, it cost us 2700 for two, nearly 400 a day, it was worth it to us anyway.

This kid will do the boat thing again

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JJC

Cruises are not exactly a BS Forum topic, but what the heck . . . I can add my $.02 here . . .

Our family took our first ever cruise last Christmas on a big Royal Caribbean ship, cruising the southern Caribbean.  It was great, because my wife and our 22, 20, and 14 year old kids (and our best friend's who have 19 and 22 year old children) all had plenty of things to do without having to be together except when we wanted to be (dinner, occasional excursions, etc). That was exactly what we wanted, since it was the last holiday season where all of us are together (the oldest is graduating from college in May). One or two nights we did the Vegas thing, most nights we had a drink on the top deck looking at the beautiful sunsets--just like Duck-man said.  Couldn't care less about dinner times . . . there's always good food available 24/7.  

Total cost per adult was about $220/day, plus air fare from Boston-Puerto Rico (another $400).  If we go again in a year or two, we'll take a cruise out of a Florida port during Jan-Mar, but not a vacation time.  The air fare will be about $250 and the cruise about $100/day.  Even with tips and the bar bill, the cost is &lt;$130/day plus the air fare for a week of complete relaxation.  We loved it as a "change of pace" vaca and as a "family reunion" type vaca.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA