FTC - Acronym

Started by DADAKOTA, August 06, 2010, 07:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DADAKOTA

IS there a place where all the acronyms you veteran smokers use are explained.  Like FTC for example Foil-Towel-???  I'd like to know what it means and why it is done.  Yes I am new to this.  Can't you tell? ;D

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Uncle Pigfat

I was racking my brain over FTC for a long time, Dada, until I noticed that acronyms section on the susanminor page.  It seems someone asks what the hell people are talking about with this FTC nonsense at least once a week so don't feel alone. 

hal4uk

Say you were to get out your BGE or your BE or your OBS or DBS4, and CYM plus rub your STL cuts, mix in some ABTs for fun, watch your CT and IT a while...
Well.. IFWIWGWT...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TestRocket

Hal,

You lost me at "say you were to get out your"???

Tiny Tim

This is scary, Hal's post makes complete sense to me.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on August 06, 2010, 03:56:18 PM
Hal,

You lost me at "say you were to get out your"???

Quote from: hal4uk on August 06, 2010, 03:09:30 PM
Say you were to get out your BGE or your BE or your OBS or DBS4, and CYM plus rub your STL cuts, mix in some ABTs for fun, watch your CT and IT a while...
Well.. IFWIWGWT...

Say you were to get out your (Big Green Egg) or your (Big Easy) or your (Original Bradley Smoker) or (Digital Bradley Smoker 4 rack)

and some (cheap yellow mustard) plus rub your (St Louis) cuts, mix in some (Atomic Buffalo Turd) for fun, watch you (Carolina Treet)

and (Internal Temp) for a while.... Well ...(IFWIWGWT... means, it's 5:00 at Hal's House)

Awrigten..

TestRocket

Apparently CRG is so close to the boarder he is bilingual? But, I have personally learned a few new words in this new language that many of us are attempting to learn. Might it be smoking 101? Or just a lesson in BBQ for I am an eager student sitting in the front row waiting to learn! Or maybe just a good link to an acronym FAQ?

Only meant to be funny, no disrespect intended!  ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on August 06, 2010, 06:53:16 PM
Apparently CRG is so close to the boarder he is bilingual? But, I have personally learned a few new words in this new language that many of us are attempting to learn. Might it be smoking 101? Or just a lesson in BBQ for I am an eager student sitting in the front row waiting to learn! Or maybe just a good link to an acronym FAQ?

Only meant to be funny, no disrespect intended!  ;D

All I knew was BBQ! That's why questions are free and you get answers!

I wondered about CYM for months. ;D

Uncle Pigfat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 06, 2010, 07:04:48 PM
I wondered about CYM for months. ;D

I couldn't figure out the "C" until you translated what Hal said.  I could only think of Common which sort of makes sense, and Cayenne, which doesn't but I feel like it should because it sounds like something I'd buy.

Quarlow

I thought I was up on the lingo but how the H.E. double hockey sticks did you interpret this one: (IFWIWGWT...) to mean ( it's 5:00 at Hal's House).

Awrigten..
 :o :D :D :D

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Quote from: Quarlow on August 07, 2010, 09:00:07 AM
I thought I was up on the lingo but how the H.E. double hockey sticks did you interpret this one: (IFWIWGWT...) to mean ( it's 5:00 at Hal's House).

Awrigten..
 :o :D :D :D

I dunno how he did it either, but he gets an A+ on the translation!
("it's 5:00 at Hal's House" is simply a condensed version of "I Forgot Where I Was Going With That..."   ;D )
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Bjrichs

Yep.......think I may have found a new home..... 8)