Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 09, 2009, 12:20:56 PMWhat does the sign say? (w/ the fish on it)

"Smoke House" (in Manx)

manxman

Quote"Smoke House" (in Manx)

Spot on Ka Honu!  :)

Manx Gaelic is similar to Irish Gaelic in particular although it is a (little used) language in it's own right.
Manxman

Smokin Soon

Nice setup, Manx! Wind and rain wont stop you anymore.

manxman

QuoteWind and rain wont stop you anymore.

We get plenty of that but I can smoke in all weathers now!!  ;) :D
Manxman

Caneyscud

I had to google it!  Interesting to know that the Isle of Man has it's own version of Gaelic.  I've wanted to learn Irish Gaelic, but can't find anyone around here that knows it.  Rode down from Inverness on the train a few years ago, while seated next to a man (cannot remember his name right now) who ran the Gaelic Speaking Institute (or something like that) that got me interested.  Bought a VCR Tape, but nobody to practice with.  Guess I need to dig up the guy's info and see if he could help!

BTW Manx -  great looking setup.  And how did that meat in the fifth pic turn out?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

manxman

QuoteAnd how did that meat in the fifth pic turn out?

The local butcher had boneless pork leg roasts on special offer so got a couple to try ........ they are for a bbq I am having for friends on 22nd August and were cooking as I posted the pics so not sure how they have turned out yet!

FTC'ed for a few hours and they are now in the fridge, plan on trying some later and vac sealing the rest for re-heating on the 22nd.  :)

One of my two sons is keen to learn Manx Gaelic, very few speakers nowadays but it is making something of a comeback.
Manxman

rdevous

Quote from: Ka Honu on August 09, 2009, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: squirtthecat on August 09, 2009, 12:20:56 PMWhat does the sign say? (w/ the fish on it)

"Smoke House" (in Manx)

I thought maybe it said "Trespassing bears shot and smoked  :D

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

NePaSmoKer

My tallboy smoker is starting from the ground up. Have allot of fill to do to get it level.

nepas

OU812

NePa you just have to much free time on your hands  ;D

begolf25

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 11, 2009, 10:25:34 AM
My tallboy smoker is starting from the ground up. Have allot of fill to do to get it level.

nepas

How many smokers will this make now?...LOL

pensrock

Rick, if you need any more pics let me know. Has the wife found out bout this yet? I'm guessing NO because you are still posting and do not seem to be in much pain.  ;) ;D
pens

NePaSmoKer

Here are some pics. We had a major design change  ;D  Yeah pens my wife found out. She asked me when i am moving into the garage  :D  :D

Its not all framed yet. Hopefully it will be smoking this weekend  ;D

The blocks didnt work like he were planning so we went with 6x6 beams. The floor is getting fill then cinder with concrete on the bottom.

Front

nepas

FLBentRider

Is that your new cabin ?

;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

It's lookin good Rick, I don't think you'll get more than a couple hundred lbs in there though, you sure its big enough?   ;D

begolf25

Quote from: smokeitall on August 11, 2009, 07:42:50 PM
It's lookin good Rick, I don't think you'll get more than a couple hundred lbs in there though, you sure its big enough?   ;D

I agree, I think it needs to be bigger!...LOL  ;D