New pepper treat

Started by pensrock, September 25, 2009, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Been playing aroung some wanting to make another kind of ABT. I think I may call it ACT's :) Atomic Crab Turds.

12-18 Jalapenos cores and cleaned
8 oz. Softened cream cheese
2 Tbls. Horseradish
1-1/2 Cup crab meat
sliced ham or bacon

Mix everything together except bacon and penos. Stuff penos and wrap with ham or bacon (maybe even sliced roast beef?).
Smoke 1-1/2 hours, I used alder. At 225-250 F
Continue cooking till bacon is done and peppers are soft, about 2 hours total.
Enjoy. Let me know what you think.  :)

EDIT: I have not tried it but I think salad shrimps chopped up would work well in place of the crab, or even crawfish tails.

Hopefull Romantic

Recipe noted and placed on my todo list. Will let you know results.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

That sounds good, might have to try this with some shrimp

squirtthecat

I bet Langostino would work as well..  Looks like lobster meat, tastes more like crawfish.   WallyWorld carries it frozen around here.

KyNola

Pens,
Great combination.  I'm liking the thought of those.  I'm thinking crawfish would work well too.  Thanks Pens.

KyNola

manxman

That looks really good pens........ thanks for posting.  :)
Manxman

ArnieM

That's interesting.  While making my last ABTs I was wondering about a stuffing made with chopped sea scallops.  I was going to put up a post to see if anyone had ever heard of anything like that but never got around to it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Greg,
I can tell you that the Skrimps in side of an ABT are Awesome!!! I used them little salad fellas I think they were 60/80's. Gave a pile of them a quick chop on the cutting board and mixed in the cream cheese then into the fridge for 4 hours so the flavor could blend into the cream cheese then stuffed the halves and put together and wrapped with bacon.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I think just about anything in a ABT would be good. Before the Bradley I have done these on my grill for a while and we all love them. In fact we call the ABT, Peno Pouphers. Gonna have to look at that Longostino, kinda allergic to crab meat. Thanks    CRG