18 butts and 48 hours later.....

Started by KyNola, May 03, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

The "First Ever KyNola Butt Fest" is completed.  Lots of fun.  Lots of work, but fun, good work.  Will be doing this again.  Jan and I have a friend who has Pancreatic cancer that admittedly I missed her request for a pork butt.  After I shut the list of participants off, I realized I had missed her when she replied "I'm sorry that I must not have confirmed correctly".  Once I saw the reply Jan and I made an executive decision.  She had her pork butt on the first day!  Today we got a text from her wanting to know if we are taking orders for Memorial Day weekend.  No we're not but you can bet we are for her.

I'm thinking the next event may be "The Second Ever Pork Fest" with pork loins later this Summer.  Easy to do and don't take 16 hours in the MAK. :o

GusRobin

shoot I lost the bet, thought for sure it would get to 20 before you finished. ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Quote from: GusRobin on May 03, 2013, 08:30:49 PM
shoot I lost the bet, thought for sure it would get to 20 before you finished. ;D
It could have easily surpassed 20.  I shut it off at 18 because I began to see that it could quickly get out of hand. ;D

beefmann

great job and must been a  lot of fun,,, 18 buts and a  whole weekend of  smoking,,, some one must be tired... and it  sounds fun at the same time

Keymaster

SmokinSignals

Way to roll KyNola,
I have a feeling that Jan`s rub was the choice of seasoning.   ;)

KyNola

Quote from: SmokinSignals on May 04, 2013, 10:43:26 AM
Way to roll KyNola,
Actually, it was not!  Salt Lick clone recipe.  I used vegetable oil as the "glue" for the Rub and learned that I really like it.  Seems that by using the oil rather than CYM or molasses that the smoke penetrated better.  May have just been my imagination but it sure tasted like it to me.

iceman

Way over the top Larry! Great job!

Wildcat

Quote from: KyNola on May 04, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Way to roll KyNola,
Actually, it was not!  Salt Lick clone recipe.  I used vegetable oil as the "glue" for the Rub and learned that I really like it.  Seems that by using the oil rather than CYM or molasses that the smoke penetrated better.  May have just been my imagination but it sure tasted like it to me.

I have always use EVOO. I tried the CYM once and although it was good, I did not like it as much as the oil. I am not saying that it is better, just different and my taste buds just like the oil better. Since I am not a big fan of sweet meat, I have not tried the molasses yet. I will one day.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KyNola on May 04, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Way to roll KyNola,

No Pictures? Geez.

I love Salt Lick and use it as a base seasoning on my Briskets along with Zach's.

TMB

Good going! You done real good as Uncle Dee would say  ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!