hi-mountain seasonings

Started by don24, February 21, 2011, 03:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don24

i was looking around the web and found these seasoning kits.i have used my own seasoning to make sausage but if theses are good why not.really talk me out of using kits if theres a good reason.

Friar_Tuck

I am the wrong guy to talk you out of using the premixed kits.
I have not used high mountain, but every batch of sausage I make, begins with premixed spice blends from sausagemaker.com.
I find that when I try to make my own mixes, I either pay through the nose to buy the spices locally, or order huge quantities of spices that I don't otherwise use.
With the mixes, you can still add here or there to suit your taste, but I have found the people who make the mixes for sausagemaker seem to have the same tastes as I do.
Jim

NePaSmoKer

don24

thanks guys.goodhonest info.i tend to believe i can make it better on my own but im a novice . i think i will stick to mixing myself

classicrockgriller

Well I guess my Sausage sucks cause I have used the Hi-Mountain

Summer Sausage & Trail Bologna kits and they were GREAT!

seemore

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 21, 2011, 05:15:54 PM
Well I guess my Sausage sucks cause I have used the Hi-Mountain

Summer Sausage & Trail Bologna kits and they were GREAT!
that is funny ;D
seemore

DTAggie

The breakfast is sausage is to salty for my taste.

wyoduke

I use the jerky and there seasoning and really like them
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

NePaSmoKer

Like i posted, Just my opinion of the HM. If it works good for you then you got it down right.

Not meant to rial anyone up.

mow_delon

The only Hi-mountian kit I have used is the summer sausage kit.  If you use half the meat it says they are better, otherwise I thought that it ended up a little, well for lack of a better word, blah.  Sorry CRG, but I gotta go with NEPAs here.

RAF128

I've used HM kits for a couple of kinds of jerky,  SS, polish sausage, Bologna and two kinds of breakfast sausage.   I didn't care for the maple flavour breakfast sausage but everything else was good.

Bugnut

I use the HM SS seasoning often, really no different than any other kit or your own mix, IMHO you have to tweak them for your own liking. Sure glad we all have different tastes or we wouldn't have all these great recipes!!!!!

lumpy

I agree with Rick, The HM are not good IMHO and too salty.
For a kit, I like Cabela's the best.

Lump

wyoduke

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 22, 2011, 05:23:17 AM
Like i posted, Just my opinion of the HM. If it works good for you then you got it down right.

Not meant to rial anyone up.
;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill