Hello from Fremont

Started by fremontfrank1, February 18, 2016, 09:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fremontfrank1

Hi all,
Just a quick intro. I have been smoking for 6 years now. Started out on Weber 21" grill (Ah those where the days of doing brisket the hard way). Then graduated to Brinkman charcoal, mod with adjustable vent on bottom & on dome.
Plus raised charcoal grid for better burn, using mesquite charcoal chunks (yum). also using remote temps to monitor meats and internals. Moved to Fremont and found I could not use anymore, bummer. Did research on Brads, went with 6 rack dig. Did some eggs, of course ribs, ABT's. All good so far. By the way also got cold attach, in for a pound. The old stand by CHEESE (sharp)(not on bullet). Won't know for month if good. Did some tri's and got bitter taste :-[. Followed
methods. So Bubba's are on way. To kick bad pucks out. Been awhile since I ate creo. So did major clean out. Love to be able to set and relax feature. Looking at mods though. Not liking slow start ups. Even though it's winter, never stop me before. Well there you go, you know me, (newbie with some no how's, and always newbie until verti)
Good smoking you all!! ;D     

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. lots of good info and fellow smokers here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.