Inside of Door Peeling

Started by CTDan, October 04, 2009, 08:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTDan

Hi,

I've used my OBS4 a half-dozen times.

On the top corners of the inside of the front door, the material used to coat that door is peeling and chipping.  It had bubbled a bit and chipped off when I cleaned the weather stripping.

As I've used the smoker since and it is begining to season over those areas and seems fine.

Any concerns?

Thanks,
Dan

Tenpoint5

Dan,
It should be fine but just in case take a quick snapshot of the affected area and post it. That will give us more information to go on, and a better ability to help you. Brian from Bradley will be by to try and help the best he can but a picture will help tons. Or just give Bradley a call and ask for Brian. He's a stand up guy and more than willing to help you. Bradley has great Customer Service.

Oh yeah Welcome aboard!!! This is a great group of new friends you have just introduced yourself into. If you need any help with anything just ask. We all asked the same questions at one time or another
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Hiya CTDan and welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya aboard. CRG

Quarlow

Hey CTDan welcome to the best place in the smoking world were you are the best of friends with people you never met. And they stand up for each other even if a big stink blows in from the north. I just looked at my OBS and I can't really tell what would be peeling from yours as all there is on my is the metal and the door seal. I just wonder if somehow some protective film got left on the metal before it was assembled and shipped.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

WElcome to the world of Bradley addiction and fun.

Sorry to hear about your problem but as 10.5 said, Bradley is a great company and Brian is a stand up guy.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

watchdog56

Welcome Dan. You will find many great recipes and a lot of help here.

pensrock

Welcome, I also do not know what would be peeling off. I always thought it was all metal.

smokeitall

Mine also peeled.  It all flaked off and has been just fine since.  Not sure what it was, I thought maybe I got the smoker too hot one time.

KyNola

Is it possible that the inside of the door had a protective film on it that should have been peeled off prior to using that after being exposed to the heat of the smoker is buckling and peeling away?  Long shot I know but possible?

KyNola

Quarlow

Jeez Ky that's a really good thought. I'm glad you thought of that. yuk yuk
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

Quote from: Quarlow on October 04, 2009, 09:24:13 PM
Hey CTDan welcome to the best place in the smoking world were you are the best of friends with people you never met. And they stand up for each other even if a big stink blows in from the north. I just looked at my OBS and I can't really tell what would be peeling from yours as all there is on my is the metal and the door seal. I just wonder if somehow some protective film got left on the metal before it was assembled and shipped.

OBS
BBQ

KyNola

Sorry Q,

Wasn't paying close enough attention.  Quarlow had this diagnosed long before my post.

KyNola   

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

KyNola

None taken Q.  When I do something stupid I'm proud to say "OK, that was stupid on my part!".  ;) :D 

KyNola

Quarlow

Hey It's all in good fun and thats why were here. I love this place. :D

OBS
BBQ