Profile Picture

Started by Flyfish2day, December 29, 2008, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyfish2day

I'm a new member trying to complete profile. How do you upload picture for your profile. Also are there specifications in pixels and Megabits to upload? Thanks for any help.

Gizmo

Welcome FlyFish2day,
You will need to have a site to host the picture like Photo Bucket.
Here is a link that explains how to post pictures within a message.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

Once you have your picture on Photo Bucket, Click on the Profile tab, select "I have my own pic" and copy the URL to the picture and paste it in the box next to "I have my own pic" then click on change profile at the bottom of the page.
You don't use the IMG tags for this area as you do within the message as indicated in the instructions on the URL above.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caneyscud

Welcome FlyFish. 

Glad to have another FF'er around.  I'm having withdrawls now.  Too much water to get the 5 wt out.  And don't know anybody who can go out today in their boat and throw big streamers on 300 grain sinking to big browns.  What is one to do?  Smoke of course!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Flyfish2day

thanks giz, I was not aware of photobucket and kept trying to upload from my computer. Finally through pb i think i was finally successful getting my profile picture on my profile.
your directions was very helpful. many thanks also for the link to attaching pics to the post.

Flyfish2day

Quote from: Caneyscud on December 30, 2008, 07:15:12 AM
Welcome FlyFish. 

Glad to have another FF'er around.  I'm having withdrawls now.  Too much water to get the 5 wt out.  And don't know anybody who can go out today in their boat and throw big streamers on 300 grain sinking to big browns.  What is one to do?  Smoke of course!

caney:  thanks !  I agree, also having withdrawals from all the cold weather and snow in IL.  Heading south in mid jan for some red fishing but can't wait until july for my annual trip to the bighorn in montana which i think is the best river for browns and bows that i've every experienced.

Caneyscud

Dunno the Madison ain't bad!

Actually my home waters - the Caney Fork has been phenominal this year - but lots of redneck pressure!

Flyfish2day

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 02, 2009, 09:25:46 AM
Dunno the Madison ain't bad!

Actually my home waters - the Caney Fork has been phenominal this year - but lots of redneck pressure!

Everything I have read about the Madison indicates that at one time it probably was one of the best, if not, the best of flyfishing rivers, however the big quake of 59 changed the Madison forever. I've only fished it once but my fishing buddy and i felt it could be classified as a Drive By Shooting---however we could have fished the wrong area. Never flyfished any southern area's but understand it can be good. Too much pressure can make a difference.

Caneyscud

I've only fished the area around Ennis above and below the Pallisades.  30 miles of riffles with seemingly a trout behind every boulder - and there is a bunch of them - boulders and trout.  Wetted a line in the Madison in the Park once, but I couldn't honestly call it fishing - only about 15 minutes or so.  Fishing the southern tailwaters are a different animal, but if you take the time to figure it out, it can be very, very rewarding.  This year the Caney Fork got a lot of pressure because of droughts in the Eastern mountain streams and repairs on other dams in the system made water management not quite conducive to fly fishing. Plus a couple of "canoe hatch outfitters" started running - so we now have drunken absolute idiots floating down the river in canoes, kayaks, and rafts.  This time of the years is pretty good.  No drunks but you have to float the river and throw streamers on sinking line on big rods.  Tiring, but the huge trout you can catch is phenominal.  As well as the occassional striper and hybrid.  It can get exciting.  I've been in a drifter with a big brown in the front, and a striper in the rear and rapidly approaching a bridge pier with the fish going on both sides of the pier.

Smoking Duck

That sounds absolutely awesome.  I wish I could flyfish like you guys do.  Used to do a lot of trout fishing in Pennsylvania when I was growing up, but it was elbow to elbow with people fishing and there was no way to cast a flyline.......I could barely do it with a spinning rod without catching someone else's line every ten casts or so.

I have a couple of flyrods now but mostly just go to small ponds where I can go out by myself and catch bluegills, crappies and bass.  Not the same as flyfishing a river, IMO, but about as good as I can get.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Flyfish2day

Caney:

Sounds as if you have an excellent Venue close by for some great flyfishing. I have a friend that has just invited me to go with him to North Georgia but must decline on this trip South.
Getting ready to leave and head down to Florida, then to Texas to visit with my two sons. Will be gone for a couple of months but will be doing some fishing and I'm sure we will smoke a few ribs or butts as both sons enjoy grilling and smoking meats. Have faith----the days are getting longer.

SD:

Nothing wrong with enjoying wetting a fly for bass and bluegills. Wish I had a pond full of both, especially if I could add Small mouth and Shellcrackers.

Tight Lines to you both.
Flyfish2day

Caneyscud

Quote from: Flyfish2day on January 05, 2009, 09:58:21 AM
..... I have a friend that has just invited me to go with him to North Georgia but must decline on this trip South.

Typically, that would be a hard trip to turn down.  With so much drought-like conditions in East and SE Tennessee, I would imagine they got hit also.  It'll take a year or two to get the fishing back up in lots of areas in E and SE Tennessee. 

Quote from: Flyfish2day on January 05, 2009, 09:58:21 AMGetting ready to leave and head down to Florida, then to Texas to visit with my two sons. Will be gone for a couple of months but will be doing some fishing and I'm sure we will smoke a few ribs or butts as both sons enjoy grilling and smoking meats.

Where in Texas?  Need to go down and smoke some brisket for my Mom and Dad soon - Near Seguin.  Been trying to get my dad to set us up a trip to Port O'Connor for some fishing, but everytime he gets a time something happens - hurricanes and little things such as that. 

Shakespeare

Flyfish2day

Going north of Houston on Lake Conroe near Montgomery, TX. My son lives there, going to see those grandkids.