Habitat for the OBS

Started by GusRobin, May 23, 2010, 09:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Thats goin to make smokin a lot more fun, year round.

Nice job Gus

moodyfisherman

That us is a sweet home for the OBS. This is a good thread, and would hope we could get all the post and pics of others. I have limited space on my porch and could use more pics and ideas before firing up the saw....Lets See Em Guys....Moody   ;)
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

Quarlow

There is an older post from 3 or 4 months ago of the guys bradley hotels. I can't remeber what it was but someone will.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

starship

Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

lumpy

Here is one of the other habitats.

Lumpy

Blackhawk

Anyone know what model enclosure this was?   I got a obs for Christmas and need some coverage in Chicago weather.   I am coming from a gas smoker so I didn't have to worry about electronics so much.

lumpy

It is a Suncast deck storage unit.
Not sure where to buy it in the USA

Lumpy

squirtthecat

Quote from: lumpy on December 30, 2010, 02:09:03 PM
It is a Suncast deck storage unit.
Not sure where to buy it in the USA

Lumpy

Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Sears...   Possibly Target.

I don't think WalMart carries them, but they might through their 'Site To Store' ..

Blackhawk

Thanks!  I found it on Amazon for 64 bucks with free shipping and it is in route to my house.  Should help out a lot, I was looking at doing a garage install but the fire pictures scared me.  Now all I need to do is swing by Home Depot to get the parts for a little chimney on top as the vertical clearance is a little tight.   Hopefully the enclosure will provide some additional insulation as well as I have smoked in temps as low as 0.  Thanks again!

Kitch

Thats a great idea!  One question, how does it stand up in the rain or do you move it inside?

GusRobin

who are you directing the question to?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Those are outdoor storage units. They should handle the weather well. Made by "Suncast".
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)