Smoked Chicken Tortellini

Started by Quarlow, February 10, 2010, 05:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Ok, it is store bought but wow what a combo. Smoked Chicken Tortellini with four cheese Alfredo sauce. The tortellini filling has Chicken, bread crumbs, canola oil,water, salt, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder,onion powder, spices and smoke flavour. They probably used liquid smoke, but for you pasta makers I figured you could use real smoked chicken. This was a very tasty pasta dish. I thought I'd throw it out there for you creative  cooks with a pasta machine.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Did you try the store stuff?  What brand was that?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

It was the stores brand (Safeway)and the alfredo sauce was from Classico.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

hal4uk

We don't have Safeway...  But they might have the same stuff under another name (?)

I used to write software for a MONSTER food processor in Decatur, Illinois...
Spent a lot of lot of time in the oil packaging facility...
You'd be AMAZED at how fast they can change the bottles AND the labels.
All the same oil.  WM, Kroger, CM, All of 'em......

Q - you drove a truck, right?  You've seen how they do this kinda stuff...
Regional bakeries make bread for every brand you see on the shelf.
Weight Watchers?  They just slice it thinner...

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Yeah I actually hauled bread from Calgary Alberta to Vancouver. They normally would only put teams on the haul cause you had to have the load delivered in less than 15 hrs. It is a 700 mile trip. Hard to imagine it is cheaper to make the bread in Alberta and truck it here than it would be to get it made right here. Crazy!

OBS
BBQ

squirtthecat

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

seemore

Smoked chicken tortellini sounds very good.........
Mrs

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

I have never seen this flavour before so I thought I'd try it. It had a good smoke flavour. I wish I knew how to make them myself cause I'll bet handmade ones with real smoked chicken would be awesome.

OBS
BBQ

seemore

I have watched a couple cooking shows on public tv where they have made tortellini.  It seems simple enough, but I am not the neatest person in the kitchen, and I could see a possible Lucille Ball type of scene playing out as I attempted to make my own tortellini.
Mrs

FLBentRider

Quote from: seemore on February 12, 2010, 08:34:13 AM
I have watched a couple cooking shows on public tv where they have made tortellini.  It seems simple enough, but I am not the neatest person in the kitchen, and I could see a possible Lucille Ball type of scene playing out as I attempted to make my own tortellini.
Mrs

DEFINITELY take pics of that.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Quote from: seemore on February 12, 2010, 08:34:13 AM
Mrs

I know someone with the same kitchen skills and it aint me or the kids.  ;D

oakville smoker

I will be giving this a try
I can easilly make the pasta
The kicker will be creating the tortellini shell and shape
It might become ravioli as I am sure I could do that
Not sure  if this is a project for this weekend or not but stay tuned ....
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?