Classic Paul Harvey

Started by HCT, March 01, 2009, 03:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

3rensho

His passing saddens me.  I've listened to him for decades and here in Switzerland he was broadcast on the AFNEurope network in Heidelberg every morning at 0615.  Rest in peace.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Oldman

IMO,

One of the World's greatest libraries was lost yesterday. He was one of a few "truth-speakers" ...unlike many today.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

I too have really enjoyed his broadcasts.  I really looked forward to "the rest of the story".
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Hey Olds, I agree, he was one of the best. He did a great job on reporting about radon gas.
A great truther in his day. There are alot of good truthers out there today also. They're hard to find but they're out there.
probably the biggest"

nickld

I'm saddened at the loss of a great commentator.  It has been years since I have listened to him but I will always remember his voice and his sense of humor...   :'(

~Nick

West Coast Kansan

I too was saddened, I remember being a very young man and hearing - the rest of the story - page three etc.  Another piece is now memory only.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

I truly did enjoy him. A great loss to us all.

seemore

Agreed.  I always loved the lilt in his voice.

HCT

probably the biggest"

CB

At one point while living in Texas I found myself pulling into a True Value Hardware store just as his broadcast was ending.  I looked over and had a Stanley thermos sitting on the seat next to me and at home I knew I had many of the products he recommended.

trusted. entertaining. decent.

These would be words that immediately come to mine to describe his contribution. Of course, there are so many more.
Happy Grilling!

FLBentRider

I enjoyed listening to him.

There seemed to be a level of integrity with him that is absent from the current media talking heads.

They always seem to have a spin.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!