Beef Jerky

Started by Keymaster, February 05, 2012, 08:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Quote from: muebe on February 06, 2012, 07:54:03 PM
Nice looking jerky Key!

When you are unable to smoke your jerky you can cheat and add a little liquid smoke to the marinade :o
Gasp aaaaa....did he say the L word. Say it isn't so. Shhhhhh maybe no one noticed.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

Looks good KM

That little Cabelas dehydrator works pretty good.

Flyboyandre

How come I didn't get an invite for this Aaron? Damn, you're my neighbor! I would have brought good Vodka too!
Great looking Jerky!

Keymaster

Quote from: Flyboyandre on March 02, 2012, 02:33:47 PM
How come I didn't get an invite for this Aaron? Damn, you're my neighbor! I would have brought good Vodka too!
Great looking Jerky!
Yah, we'll have to get together sometime and have a cocktail with a Jerky swizzle stick. I drink mac & coke and sometimes vodka in Bloody mary's.

pikeman_95

Hey Key that sure looks good.
If you give it a couple of hours in a smoker then into the dehydrator you will come up with the smoke and the texture and the look that you like. Did you use meat cure in this batch? I bet it didn't last long.
KC

Keymaster

Kirby, I did use cure # 1 as I like to be certain of safetiness and I like the flavor and color the cure gives the meat. That weekend i was unable to use my smoker out in the back as the roofer was using the only outlet I have outside. I really like the dehydraator jerky and yes its all gone. Thanks Kirby!  :)

slowpoke

Jerky looks great.Dehydrator looks like R2D2 with the shell off.LOL
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.