Best/FAVORITE jerky recipe...ALL recipes welcome

Started by Consooger, April 12, 2012, 12:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

TO ALL,

I am a jerky fanatic and I have seen the post that has the 100+ jerky recipes, but what I am looking for is everyone's favorite recipe they have fooled around with, tweaked, etc. Basically their "GO TO" recipe. I have made 10 + batches of jerky on here and have found a few I am in love with but since I love making jerky so much I would love some insight on what has worked with everyone and what they find to be some REALLY GOOD recipes.

Please post away, I would love to see this thread go on for a while. These can be GB recipes, muscle, any jerky recipe is welcome. Look forward to reading some good stuff on here.

Thanks,

Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

LOL!! I dont have any recipes. Wierd that nobody has left any.  ??? I can get on my phone and upload a site with 125 jerky recipes that a member posted a while back. I have it saved.  :)
Mike

mikecorn.1

Mike

slowpoke

I got a venison one for ya.Meat is muscle cut thin,I use the electric meat cutter.I take 1 packet of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix.Hot and spicy.Place in large glass lasagna dish.Add 1cup of water,stir realy well.Dredge each piece on meat through salution.When all meat is wet,place all meat in dish,cover with plastic wrap refridgerate over night.next day remove dish,uncover,place all meat on racks.Sprinkle all meat with Montreal steak spice.Put meat in smoker.Start smoking with Jim Beam Bisquits,Vent closed till temperature  reaches 140.Open vent full at 140*,smoke-cook till meat is dry.There's not enough salt and no cure in this recipe so you have to refridgerate jerky when cool.Freeze after 4 days.Want a snack tonight?Take jerky out of freezer,place on papper towel and cover with papper towel.Place in micro wave for 10 seconds,remove,let sit for 1min.There you go.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

DTAggie

I just did 5 lbs of stew meat (aka Muebe nuggets).  Used  2 cups Yoshida's Original Marinade.  Dissolved 1 tsp cure #1 in a little water.  Ground 2 TBP California Dried Jalapenos from Penzy's in a spice grinder and mixed in water / cure solution.  Marinated in zip-lock overnight.  Into the OBS for 2 hrs at 130* then applied 3 hrs of Hickory and finished at 180* to 190* until done.  Probably took a total of 7 hrs.  Damn they are good.  Could use a bit more kick so next time will use 3 TBSP of ground crushed jalapenos.

Consooger

THERE WE GO!!! Thanks now let's keep it rolling.

I will post my top 3 tomorrow!
               -My Wife

theLDP

I like to use A.C. Legg pepper or cajun seasoning with hickory/special blend pucks.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Consooger on April 23, 2012, 09:43:04 PM

Fill in the blanks  ;D

;) :)
Mike

Consooger

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on April 25, 2012, 08:42:43 AM
Quote from: Consooger on April 23, 2012, 09:43:04 PM

Fill in the blanks  ;D

1. Sweet Heat Jerky with Honey
2. A1 Style
3. Bone Suckin' Jerky
;) :)

CHEERS!!!!!
               -My Wife