Might cedar bisquettes be available some day?

Started by kflorian, June 27, 2005, 06:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kflorian

BBS (before Bradley Smoker), my smoked cooking was limited to cedar-plank rib-eye and salmon.  These became a staple, well-loved by family.

When might we see cedar bisquettes?

Ken Florian

psdubl07

I've also wondered about new puck flavors.  I see Peach mentioned often in BBQ circles.

Chez, hear any rumblings about possible new puck flavors?

Phone Guy

whitetailfan

Cedar would be a great idea.  If they don't taste good, you can toss a couple in a drawer or chest to repel moths.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Habanero Smoker

Cedar is good for plank grilling, I have done this several times and the planks gives the food a good aroma.

I will have to agree with Chez, if you use this same wood to smoke with, the smoke flavor would be over powering.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kflorian

There you go, then.  The only time I've used cedar is to cook on planks.  So.  I will happily be content with the many varieties already supplied by Bradley.

Thanks for the input.

Ken

Ken Florian

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Cedar is not good for smoking. See this site.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/wood.htm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Interesting how they state Mesquite has a "sweet light taste".  I think Mallard would have a beef (no pun intended!) with that statement. [:0]

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by psdubl07</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Cedar is not good for smoking. See this site.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/wood.htm

Interesting how they state Mesquite has a "sweet light taste".  I think Mallard would have a beef (no pun intended!) with that statement. [:0]
I noticed that as well, but they <b>are</b> from Texas.
I read somewhere else that pine and cedar were not healthy for smoking. I think it was carcinogens.