Smoker died making summer sausage

Started by Bigbirdoffroad, May 29, 2011, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbirdoffroad

:-[ I made up 10lbs of deer summer sausage yesterday that I was planning on smoking today. I got 4 hours of smoke and with an internal temp of 117, my heating element died on the Bradley. I'm trying the Auber PID hooked up to a roaster hot water bath. Lets hope for the best here.!!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Hopefull Romantic

Sorry to hear about that. I am sure you have checked all the connections and plugs. YOU know Yard and pool sells replacements in case it is out of warranty, if not, call Bradley's CS. They are second to none.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Bigbirdoffroad

Well, I was able to finish cooking the sausage in a 165 degree water bath. They got to 153 degrees really fast. Funny how much faster they cooked in water than hot air!!! Got the temp back down to 100 in a cold water bath. They don't look as good as I hoped they would. After 24hrs in the fridge, I'll taste test. Hope your holiday weekend is going better than mine!!!!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Bigbirdoffroad on May 29, 2011, 12:31:24 PM
They don't look as good as I hoped they would.

It seems that this weekened dealt you lemons and you are on your way to make great lemonade. Remmember, lemonade does come in different colors. ;) Have a great emorial day weekend nevertheless.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

cinrds

Sounds you did a good job of saving them.  At least you did get 4 hours of smoke on them that is something good.