Corned beef brisket?

Started by njfoodies, June 25, 2010, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I have the feeling that there will be a number of Pastrami posts up soon  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BuyLowSellHigh

Once you make your own corned beef brisket (very easy to do) you'll laugh at the grocery store versions.  Once you have your own corned beef, then it's on to pastrami or whatever.

Our kids love to see me start corned beef because they know that means a corned beef hash with poached eggs breakfast on the weekend after it's finished (they get very anxious during the week of curing). Seems to be a favorite, which strikes me as weird for the 5-10 year-old crowd.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

njfoodies

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on June 26, 2010, 05:29:05 PM
Once you make your own corned beef brisket (very easy to do) you'll laugh at the grocery store versions.  Once you have your own corned beef, then it's on to pastrami or whatever.

Our kids love to see me start corned beef because they know that means a corned beef hash with poached eggs breakfast on the weekend after it's finished (they get very anxious during the week of curing). Seems to be a favorite, which strikes me as weird for the 5-10 year-old crowd.

Yikes! Did I start a revolution?   ;D
-F. Scott
Our Wine and Foodies Blog:  http://jerseyfoodies.blogspot.com/
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker BTDS76P

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: njfoodies on June 26, 2010, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on June 26, 2010, 05:29:05 PM

Yikes! Did I start a revolution?   ;D

Yep....  Here's my post from the weekend.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16695.0
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist