Using PID controller to program digital smoker as well as heaters

Started by bigjimak, December 21, 2012, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjimak

The Auber WSD-1503CPH provides a 120V output for controlling the smoke generator as well as the heaters.

Has someone developed a schematic for wiring this to the digiral smoke generator?

I know I could use the two controls independently but it would be more convenient to set up only 1.

Jim in Alaska

rexster

I'm sure someone on here has thought about it but for me it's too much work for so little gain. You'd have to completely bypass the digital switch on the faceplate to run the leads back to the power cord plug. For me, I'll just keep my current setup. Good luck to you tho
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

DaWiz

I think the problem would be the advancement of the pucks.  The PID is onlt on/off for the smoke generator.  The other problem would be actually turning the SG on after power is applied.

If you can get the SG to turn on you would still have the problem of times longer than 4 hours since that is the default when the SG turns on. Turning the SG off and back on would give another 4 hours - almost since one puck would be wasted in the power on cycle.

It is dimpler to power tje SG separate and use the front panel.