News about the new digital units

Started by Chez Bubba, March 21, 2006, 11:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Good news is they should be in <b>early</b> May. I was kind of worried a delay here & there would push it into August.

Bad news is the new generators cannot be retrofitted onto the older units. Safety regulations require a 3rd plug be added to complete the circut before the heat will be produced. Without it, the smoker could risk dangerous overheating.

For the same reason, they will not be offering the digital smoke generator w/adaptor for you home-made guys.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed, but glad they're putting safety first.

I told you all I'd pass anything on as soon as I knew, so there it is. I'm already planning the menu for May xx, and will be posting the same or next day.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Chez Bubba

$479.00US for the 4-rack, $579.00US for the 6-rack.

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

Kirk;

Are you going to be testing the temperature variance between the bottom and top shelves in the six rack model?

I curious! What's on your menu for that smoke?[:p]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

All this talk makes me HOT!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

icerat4

Cool second unit comes home to the Rat all 6 rack worth.I cant wait.Chez if ya need some money down no problem you have my info i am in for sure[:D][:D]

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />All this talk makes me HOT!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Kirk, can the thermocoupler from the tower be removed so Mallard can stick it to himself to control the temp?  His lovely wife could then regulate his internal temp.  A little more control to cool him off a bit[:D]
Never mind...if he did that then ZERO power would ever get to the heating element.  He'd be cooking bacon for 21 days let alone curing it[;)]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Bassman

Kirk,
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted after your first smoke.

Whitetail,
Too funny![:D]LMAO

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

iceman

Thanks for the information Kirk. Are they going to keep making the old generator so I can continue making custom smokers? If not we need to get together so I can find out how long they are going to be availible.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />Kirk;

Are you going to be testing the temperature variance between the bottom and top shelves in the six rack model?

<font color="blue">You read my mind. That's the first thing I want to explore during the seasoning stage. I'm not sure if I have enough probes to be scientific with it loaded up, but I'm gonna try.</font id="blue">

I curious! What's on your menu for that smoke?[:p]

<font color="blue">So far, a whole chicken, a butt, some sausage chubs and maybe a rib roast. A lot will depend on how early I can know the arrival, so as to invite the guests, because my fat*** doesn't need to be eating all that![:D][:D]</font id="blue">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mallard Wacker</i>
<br />All this talk makes me HOT!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font color="blue">No Mallard, your <b>CLIMATE</b> makes you hot, get on the porch & have a brewski![:D]</font id="blue">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iceman</i>
<br />Are they going to keep making the old generator so I can continue making custom smokers?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font color="blue">To my knowledge, yes.</font id="blue">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WhiteTailFan</i>
<br />Kirk, can the thermocoupler from the tower be removed so Mallard can stick it to himself to control the temp? His lovely wife could then regulate his internal temp.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font color="blue">There's a great joke there somewhere, not going to do it, but it rhymes with duck.</font id="blue">[;)][:D][:D]

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />
Quote<i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />Kirk;

<font color="blue">You read my mind. That's the first thing I want to explore during the seasoning stage. I'm not sure if I have enough probes to be scientific with it loaded up, but I'm gonna try.</font id="blue">
When it is empty, is the best time to check for any temperature variance. I hope the variance is not too great. I can't afford one this year, but maybe in 2007 I'll get a six rack model.

The menu sounds good[:p]

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />
QuoteWhen it is empty, is the best time to check for any temperature variance.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not necessarily. How many times do you smoke with an empty smoker? Airflow variances differ greatly with product in the producer. But yes, I'll monitor those empty temps during the seasoning, as well as those on Smokeday.

Kirk

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>..... A lot will depend on how early I can know the arrival, so as to invite the guests, because my fat*** doesn't need to be eating all that!.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've been South Beach dieting for a year......NOW I know WHY!! Phone number for MY invitation is BR-549!![:p][:p][:D][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />
QuoteWhen it is empty, is the best time to check for any temperature variance.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not necessarily. How many times do you smoke with an empty smoker? Airflow variances differ greatly with product in the producer. But yes, I'll monitor those empty temps during the seasoning, as well as those on Smokeday.

Kirk

Your are right. With food in the smoker, you will get various readings depending on how the food will block the airflow, and moisture given off by the product. What I'm thinking, when there is food in the smoker there are too many variables to factor in. If measured when empty, you will get a good baseline to begin with.

I can't wait to see you report.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

JJC

Hi Kirk,

If you like the product, I see a potential anniversary gift in my future (like July . . . )!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA