A tribute to Iceman's Sopn'Sauce

Started by manxman, May 27, 2007, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

I recently bartered some pulled pork and cold smoked bacon from my OBS with a good friend for some sirloin steak, fillet steak, lamb and sausage. With the pulled pork I gave the guy some (small amount!!) of Iceman's sauce to taste.

Bottom line is I knew he was not a fan of BBQ sauce but wanted him to try it all the same, this is the text message I got back:

"Normally not a fan of bbq sauce as it can be sickly (many shop bought ones are, certainly on this side of the pond) but this is special, all I have eaten since yesterday (including breakfast) is pitta and bbq pork with the sauce!"

This is the first and only time I have given some sauce away, other than to friends round the house for a bbq, but I wanted to get the opinion of a "non believer."

A tribute indeed IMHO!!  ;) ;) :D
Manxman

Oldman

I know what you mean... I purchased some for a Product Care Manager for the mills I do work for.  *Cough* a couple of weeks back we were talking and he asked were can I get some more so *cough* two cases ended up on his door.... courtesy of the BBQ Fairy. 

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

speltman

His sauce is with out a doubt the best tasting I have ever used. It tastes good on everything. Thanks Ice for sharing.   

Wildcat

Quote from: speltman on May 27, 2007, 12:17:52 PM

His sauce is with out a doubt the best tasting I have ever used. It tastes good on everything. Thanks Ice for sharing.   

Same here!  ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

QuoteI know what you mean... I purchased some for a Product Care Manager for the mills I do work for.  *Cough* a couple of weeks back we were talking and he asked were can I get some more so *cough* two cases ended up on his door.... courtesy of the BBQ Fairy.

Lucky man!!  ;) :D

The BBQ Fairy certainly works in mysterious ways!!  :D ;)
Manxman

HCT

I  wish there was a BBQ Fairy up here. :P
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"