Purchasing in the U.K?

Started by manxman, January 12, 2005, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

The Guru overides the slider switch and takes care of the regulation of the temperature by increasing and decreasing the voltage during the cook running it through a processor that you regulate remotely with the Procom4 Guru...or at the BS with the Competitor.  

As things smoke you will see the light on the Raptor and the light on the front of the smoker go on and off..tweaking the temp to maintain the temp using a thermocouple to sense the temp and then compare to the temp you want it to be.  It automatically takes over the control and you walk away to do what ever you want to do until the cooking is completed.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I have a picture of my speedo...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Bill,

Thanks but no![:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

manxman

Hi John,

You are right of course [:)] about perspective, and the exchanges that my original query about temp. control provoked has given me a better understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the BS, so thanks to all who replied. [:D]

Now what am I going to smoke next ................!?

Manxman.
Manxman

manxman

Hi folks,

Just as a postscipt for anyone with a similar issue to the cyclical cutting off and on of the heater unit, the reply I got from Bradley was that the heater is designed to cut out at 160degC as a safety feature (i.e preventing a fire hazard) and the temperature may drop 40degC or more before it will cut back in! This is a similar reply to the one JJC posted earlier in this forum.

They clearly said that this is the norm and hence my smoker is not faulty, although in a couple of instances they do seem to have replaced heater parts for other people on the back of this issue.

I am assured by Bradley this is of no consequence if it does this when food is actually being cooked, but personally I feel that a drop in the order of 10degC drop would be closer to the mark as acceptable when cooking food.

In addition, because my BS hits 160degC when the temp slider is about 80 - 85% deployed, rather than 100%,I found I inadvertantly hit max. temperature when trying to heat the smoker up prior to hot smoking on a couple of occasions.

I have now placed a piece of duck tape at an appropriate position on the temp. control plastic panel that houses the slider unit so when the slider touches the duck tape, I know the unit will reach about 150degC maximum and avoid the cyclical cutting off and on that occurs at maximum (160degC) temperature.

In my opinion this improves temperature control of the unit and 150degC is more than adequate for my hot smoking needs..... "problem" solved!

Manxman.
Manxman

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I have now placed a piece of duck tape at an appropriate position on the temp. control plastic panel that houses the slider unit so when the slider touches the duck tape, I know the unit will reach about 150degC maximum and avoid the cyclical cutting off and on that occurs at maximum (160degC) temperature.

In my opinion this improves temperature control of the unit and 150degC is more than adequate for my hot smoking needs..... "problem" solved!

Manxman.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Paul,

Nice fix . . . you should send it to those guys who write the book on 1000 Uses for Duct Tape! [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA