Blazing Pistachios

Started by wyrman, February 05, 2012, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyrman

I have been looking at the posts about the blazing pistachios and decided that it was time that I made some.
I used what I believe is KyNola's recipe. All I can saw is WOW! These pistachios are out of this world!
I tested one when I turned the smoker off and all I could say was "oh my goodness!"
I don't know that I'll ever eat regular pistachios again.
Smokin away

New and improved csg.

mikecorn.1

That's a nice rig you got. What is it, if you dont mind me asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Keymaster

wyrman

Thank you Mikecorn.1. If you're talking about the smoker it's a PID controlled 220v smoker that I just built.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out, it makes me want to smoke more.
Here's a lint to the build.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=26270.0
Thank you Keymaster. I have them on the counter and I'm laying some tile in the bathrooms today, every time I walk by to go cut a tile I grab some.  :o

KyNola

Thank you very much but let's give credit where credit is due.  The recipe is Seemore's.  I just tweaked the quantity of an ingredient or two.

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Seemore.

Having said that, glad you liked the pistachios Wyrman. :)   

wyrman

Well then, a big thank you to the seemore's! This is an outstanding, and super easy recipe.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: wyrman on February 06, 2012, 08:32:29 AM
Well then, a big thank you to the seemore's! This is an outstanding, and super easy recipe.
Where did you get the recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mikecorn.1

Mike

seemore

WOW those look good thanks again Larry
seemore

hal4uk

Last time I had "Seemore Pistachios", I couldn't tell whether I liked 'em or not.
Seemed like the first hundred "testers" were just like the second hundred "testers" I had.
The last hundred weren't much different.

Kept thinking I might develop a taste for 'em...
Truth is, I'm just not sure.
Might need to try some more.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Indy Smoker

I made 3 lbs of the blazin pistachios just before Christmas and took them a few places we visited.  They were a HIT everywhere we went.  I had about a pound left at home and was gonna ship them to my Dad in FLA to try - he's always interested in what I'm trying out next.  When I returned home they were half gone, my wife gave them to her Dad who also loved them.  I sent what I had to FLA and they also want more. . . . .OH BOY !!
I just bought another 3 pounds to work with.  Gotta LOVE this hobby !!!

legghumper

I love pistachios and am dying to try this.  In reading the recipe, it's unclear to me what type of pistachios everyone is starting with...already roasted (and salted) or raw.  Thanks for the great forum.  Learning a ton from all of your previous posts.

wyrman

Already roasted and salted, and in the shell. They are super!

SNIPERS215

i just made some yesterday... they are awesome !!
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR