Bisquette shelf life?

Started by smoker pete, September 19, 2010, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Have just finished working with Brian through emails and tests and it has been determined that I need to replace the motor.  I will be ordering a motor soonest and in the interim I will closely monitor the puck movement and manually advance them if and when necessary.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

smoker pete

Ordered a new motor by phone ... got wonderful customer service.  Can't beat $10 for a motor.  Will be here in 3 to 5 working days.

Since I still had the SG open I decided to clean things up using Isopropyl Alcohol like Habanero suggested.  Couldn't find any around the house till I decided to look at the Lens Wipes I use for my glasses.  Turns out the ingredients are: Water, Isophopyl Alcohol, Detergent, and Anti Static.  Figured what have I got to lose?  Removed the other 2 screws from the glide plate, removed the plate, wiped everything and then some with some wipes, and replaced all the screws.

Pressed the advance button to test things out and the push plate worked as advertised.  Pressed it another 14 times and it worked all 15 times.  When testing mechanism while working with Brian I could only get it to work 6 out of 10 times.  Put the cover back on, reinstalled the SG, and tested the advance push plate function 15 more times.  Worked again 15 times.  Guess doing everything including the re-synchronization procedure and topping it all off with the cleaning appears to have fixed it.

Not sorry I ordered the motor cause it never hurts to have one on hand.  Going to keep my fingers crossed.

smoker pete

Received new motor and proceeded to replace the old one cause I thought I had fixed things but it once again started failing.

The good news is that now that I have replaced the motor everything is working as advertised.

The bad news is that when I received the motor (great fast service from Bradley) the arm was not installed properly on the motor.  I was trying to figure out how to disassemble the old arm so that I could mount the new motor with the new arm.  Could not see an easy fix so I removed the new motor from the new arm and installed it on the old arm.  It may sound confusing but look at the picture where I have placed the new arm next to the old installed arm after I mounted the new motor and you'll see what I'm referring to.

See the pin at the end of the arm?  It was installed upside down.  So as I said, disconnected the new motor from the arm (one screw) and mounted the new motor to the old arm.  All's well that ends well  ;D  ;D

classicrockgriller

Glad to hear things are all good now!

What'cha smoking next?

smoker pete

Smoked me some pork chops and posted pictures in the meat section

SouthernSmoked

Glad to see that your back up and running.

Thanks for the update!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little