Timer maxing out with pulled pork

Started by Puckeater, June 28, 2008, 12:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckeater

It appears that the oven timer maxs out at 9 hours and 40 minutes. With a pulled pork that has to go maybe 16 hours, what do you do? Just jump the timer back up after it runs down most of the way? Just started my smoke run now, and don't want to blow it my first time out.

gatormike

That's pretty much what I do. Sometimes I even finish it in the oven. No big deal and still pretty much "set it and forget it."

Smokin Soon

I was also surprised at the 9:40 limitation of the DBS. I thought about bypassing the timer function but bought the Auber plug and play
PID controller. Very happy with it. You can still use your timer for the smoke generator. Lots of talk about the Auber here.

KyNola

Puckeater,
First of all, welcome to the forum.  The 9 hour 40 minute limit is a quirk and yes, just reset the timer before it times out but I have started finishing my butts in the house oven as I can control the heat better and once the Bradley finishes the smoke time, it's nothing more than a somewhat inefficient oven.  I put the butt on a rack in a roasting pan uncovered and put it in the house oven the remainder of the cook time.

No matter, have a great time.  Roll the smoke!!

KyNola