Rat deleteing your postings of an established thread is flat out wrong.

Started by Oldman, May 13, 2006, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Rat,
Deleteing your postings of an established thread is flat out wrong. It makes any replies look lost.  I don't know why you deleted all of your post concerning the 6 rack unit, but you can be sure I will not waste my time looking foolish again replying to a post that you can later deleted.

It is for this reason most sites do not allow a person to delete/ edit out a posting once there is a reply. I will report this thread to Admin in hopes that they take corrective action.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

IKnowWood

I concur.  It makes the knowledge base that we have been developing, positive or not, gone.  Helpful or not.  It is the knowledge of the owners that is affected.  It is not right to remove whatever information and benefit that should be availale to others.  Your own posts have helped Rat, you have contributed to the community and made a difference. 

Your passion to using the tools available have been impressive and welcome.  Let that Passion be learned by future and current members of this great adventure that is Food Smoking by whatever impliments we may venture to try.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

icerat4

Well you folks here want the heads up on how things are.Then when trying to explain whats up .Ya get blasted by you guys.I dont feel since you guys think i am just flamming and bashing .My post are not worthy of this fourm .Nor will i contribute to people who feel they have to kiss ass around here.But have no clue of whats been said between me and kirk and bradley corperation.You guys have it all figured out.A few people who will pm me will get to know the story behind these 6 racks and ya know what.Guys i had my 6 racker before kirk.What does that tell ya.When i called customer service i knew more then them at the time.What does that tell ya.Guys forget this lilttle in house fourm war its not my style.Anyone that wants to further this conversation pm me i will be happy to enlighten ya.And yea have the admin here look into this and along with some people getting bashed for what ever they said that dosent fit your guys style.You guys wanted to here it and we put it out there.And now when new guys come in and we give our opinions were flamming or bashing or what ever.I guess we should just tell everyone this is the best thing since slidce bread.Ya cant have it both ways in a fourm.RAT out ;D Me and omega are just trying to answer question and giving answers.If ya dont like them just post for us .I am going to do an oldman here and say i am not comming back here .ITs been nice but you guys win.Like i said this isnt my style and i surely dont need this crap when trying to do something i like.I will just find another fourm for smoking .And trust me i will never buy another product in a fourm to review it again.It was nice and fun before this new 6 racker but now its old and crappie so .RAT OUT

owrstrich

rat4...

i have been interneting for a long time and participate in several forums on a daily basis...

my motives are... 1-to make positive contributions... 2-to learn from others positive contributions...

i dont see this forum as having elitest members as some of other forums...  i think the folks here are genuine in most everything posted... that inludes rants about this and rants about that... and that also includes personal views on everything from illegal aliens to jumping out of planes to what strain of skunk is the best... i perfer skunk 7 bye the way...

i see your posts as being genuine and being positive contributions to this forum... im not aware of anyone wanting their arze kissed or anyone kissing arze around here... so keep the posts coming...

why you ask... because i gotts to eat the smoked beast...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

IKnowWood

O
you are right on the mark. We post and interact to better ourselves.  Feed oursleves with better food and method.  and Feed our partner which feeds us.

No matter how you look at it, each and everyone of us interact because of ourselves.  When that stops.  then change somthign that brings it back to us.  To you, to what really matters.  Having Fun and doing some good food experiments.

if you cannot.  Then stop.  It hurts you more than anyone.  We don't care, we interact for ourselves ultimatly. Sure we want others to know us and kow how they can do great things. But its about us helping others. I am about me, and what I do for humanity, smoking is totally about me and my family.

I know you know that. But your motives and your decisions are yours.  Peace.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

MWS

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

iceman

Ditto. Rat, don't let a few comments that might upset you stop you from contributing. Chill out and keep on trucking.
Quote from: mws on May 13, 2006, 08:43:11 PM
IKnowWood.....What a great reply....well said......

icerat4

Well thats the problem here.There is a double standard here.On one hand ya say lets here all about this new digital.And when you guys dont like the results or comments .You guys say stop bashing stop ranting etc.You guys how dont have this 6 rack machine have absoultly no clue of what is going on and what has been said with kirk or bradley .When a newbie comes here and asks the question .Hey guy how about this new bradley and the 2 guys who do have them share there opinion.Its whammo then we get nothing but crap for olds mallard etc.Very un called for.You guys buy one then lets see your post.O thats right you guys wont after seeing it only goes to 9;40 and the temps are way off.So are we the guys who are supposed to just say to the new guys yea its great go ahead get one.Sorry not me and none of you guys would either.You guys here are always say welcome here and and all that crap.Butt god forbid anyone says anything about a machine thats.Lets just say not whats it supposed to be.All hell breaks loose.And this is comming from the same guys who are saying o yes share with us give us info .Well we did and this is what we get back a kick in the pants.Ice i like ya and i like smoking food .You guys have had a great run with an old machine and and its continue sucsess is for sure.Bradley just hit a bump in the road with this new 6 sausage smoker.Kinda mislead people to somthing it was not.Like i said anyone can privete pm me for any info on this issues i have no problems at all.I was the 1st guy to inform kirk about the timmer issue that he had no idea and was shocked And i was the first guy to sit and mark temp s and times boy was that dumb now looking at whats going on. what a waste of my time.And after i told him he went to wade. Maybe kirk can tell ya what was said.I dont need to go on here so happy smoking to all the understanding people here ya all take care. ;D

Habanero Smoker

Rat;
I don't consider this response to be a flame. I'm glad that you are now enlightened on the 6 rack, and I hope that now you have it all figure out. I'm just as glad that you got the first one. If withholding information makes you feel empowered, then so be it. Information has a way of circulating. You are right, that we do not know what has been said between you, Bradley and Kirk. You haven't shared that information. We only know your repetitive negative complaints as to what you see to be problems, and it no longer seems to be an evaluation of the product, but an obsession of yours to focus on two issues that the product made no claim it would do (that is to perform to your expectations). You have not once mentioned what customer service was doing to satisfy your complaints. Maybe you should have shared that information. I don't want to hear just the positive points of the Bradley, I'm a consumer also, but neither do I want to hear someone's repetitive ranting that they had expected this or that.

This is the way I've seen it since you have been posting. It's not that I don't want to hear an accurate report. It a matter of how one communicates that information. You may not realize it, but your style of writing has a "get in your face" approach, and you try to make every thing a competition. To me it appears that you feel your words should go unchallenged, or at least unquestioned. This is a forum, not a corner soapbox. On more than one occasion you have made abrupt statements that were often malicious. When other members respond you get upset, and from your answers it seems you do not fully read what members are saying to you. It's as if you focus on one or two words of a statement, take it out of context, and disregard the rest. If someone disagrees with you, you respond as if it was a personal attack. No one on this forum wants their butt kiss, or do we want to kiss butt. If you are getting negative responses, from several members; then you may want to re-evaluate your actions, which are causing this much reaction.

The floor is all yours; I have said all I am going to say about this. What ever your reaction is to this post, just reread it It will still apply to any response you make.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Guys remember i said my unit shut off during the smoke a couple of time that was also an issue.Yes i did get my money back from kirk.And yes bradley customer sevice was of no help at all when frist contacting them they said i knew more about them then they did.Even brian a tech rep didnt know that the timer went so high.I had to clue him in.Isnt this strange calling up for info on a new machine and the only thing they say is you know more then we do.That is a company that has no clue of whats going on.Even wade had no idea you guys cook longer then 9;40 never enter his thought.Nice to be king this guywade hasnt a clue.He never comes here and just winged it out there.And then he tells kirk it was made to be a sausage smoker.Well i didnt want a sausage smoker i wanted a 6 rack unit.WHICH by the way the tech guy said they over in china assured us of the same temp results the for racker had .It would have the power to handle it.Kirk is in between a rock and a hard place and i will say this after talking to him in a parking lot and giving him the machine back i saw in his eyes and the tone he is very unhappy on whats going on.Every time i said kirk ya would da thought they would have done this.the answer i get is ya woulda thought so ice .But the real sad part here is that you guys that have stuck alot of time and effort making them better.The bradley guys do something totally oppisite,I was and still and dissapointed about this whole deal.You call me at my business and ill have an answer.You call them they have no clue Thats nuts.I am not trying in any of my post to sound out of line .I have personaly talked over the phone with a few here and were in total agreement.You guys and the newbie want the info but its all bad nothing good to say about any of this 6 racker its a flop.YOU wouldnt buy it knowing what ya know now.Aint i right.The marketing of the product didnt say sausage smoker.Dindt say shuts off at 940 the instuctions dont have all the right info.Even kirk and anyone who reads it says the same .WHERE THE ERROR message in the book.To much of a rush job .And once again should have had the old big boys here toy with it before selling something that is not what it is.WE HAVE A REAL case of product fruad here.Tell me where i am wrong please do .And yes some guys here just like to kiss ass and thats fine i dont need to have 2700 post and have 2000 of then non relating to this fourm.But thats another story and i am done with that here.Ill stick around and if kirk or bti want me to shut up about this new sausage smoker i will.But the truth is maybe if more guys like me say it how it is maybe something will get done to correct this mess up.Sorry about my get up in your face but smoeone got in my face first and i dont back down when i am right .if i am wrong in any way shape or form on this i will delete myself but reat asurred these are all the facts .HAbs your more then welcome to give me a number and i will share more with ya.Iknow reading this stuff isnt the way its ment to come out thats why i dont like typing here if you heard me person to person it would be a hole different ball game .And thats the fact jack.Please anyone what part in here am i wrong about .Unless they recall and revamp this unit there will be no solutions.I was expecting this and that because i was told this 6 rack would do this and that .Thats why i bought it.Well guess what it dosent do this and that.Any body need more info.I am done Please dont take this as a rant flame or what ever.I am not very good at this like i said before i call it like i see it .Omegaman might chime in also .Go ahead anyone else out there get one and lets here it.O ne last question say a newbie comes here and asks about this 6 racker what do you guys here want me to say .A NOTHING   b. its the best ever.  C. read post above.You guys tell me how to go about it in a nice fashion and i will go along.But all the statements above are true so you guys tell me.Thanks for the time and SMOKE ON. ;D

Habanero Smoker

I thought I would not respond to this thread anymore, but after reading your post I now have a clear understanding of where you are coming from.

I may have gone over the top with my reply, and for that I must apologize.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OmegaMan

Maybe this will help a little in clarifying the situation...

Oldman recently wrote a nice reply to the digital smoker thread that was well thought out and written, but he said something that caught my attention and I think it gets to the bottom of this debate:

QuoteAs such this thread instead of being a tool to promote the new unit has had an opposite effect.

I never thought that particular thread should or was suppose to be a promotional tool for Bradley.  And I think perhaps
this is where the problems lies amongst many of you (us).  I gave my honest opinions as did Rat, and I believe the
preconceived notion amongst the 'regulars' here is that it would be a great success and since there are issues they are taking it out on those who have replied to that thread instead of perhaps coming to the realization that there are some basic problems that should be addressed by Bradley that have not. 

There are those who make the argument: "What did you expect; it to do all things perfectly"? This begs the question: "Do you own one and if not why are you making these comments when what is being discussed has nothing to do with it being the perfect unit, but instead talking about the basic functionality flaws?" This is why I believe there are those entrenched in this site or smoker that should step back and take another look at what is being said and why.   

I simply stated that the basic workings of the unit were flawed and that Bradley seems to have dropped the ball.  As a consequence
of my statements (and others) there have been members of this site who have misconstrued this feedback as being an attack
against Bradley or possibly them.  An analogy which I think fits is one father or mother protecting his or her child.  The regular posters here have a vested
interested in Bradley, whether you consciencely believe it or not. 

Subsequently, since Oldman's great post there have been comments made that neither are constructive nor pertain to the functionality of the digital unit.  That is a shame and I think it reflects poorly on the posters of the site.  I would also like to think that Bradley reads these posts, has learned from there mistakes and will make a product we would all be happy to own...

Hope this helps...

Pat 

JVR

iceman

Thanks Rat for your input. I , we apreciate the the sharing of your experiances. This is what makes the forum so nice. SHARING is a good thing no matter what one thinks. This unit might be a flop who knows. Could this be a wake up call?  If we didn't hear feed back we wouldn't know so thank you for posting your thoughts. Sorry your expectations have not been met and I hope Bradley can fix this as well as they have in the past.

Arcs_n_Sparks

The pro and con feedback here is important for all of us. Some of it will be subjective ("I have to keep adjusting the slider; it's a pain"), and other will be more objective (DBS time-out issue). For some, that will be an opportunity to provide enhancements (PID controllers for the original). For others, it will be a decision not to buy.

It will also be important to separate out a systemic design flaw (time-out issue identified by icerat4) from what may be a defect in a particular unit (for example, wide variations in temperature control, which may be unit specific, but not obvious yet).  We will not know unless we compare notes. That, of course, is the value of the forum.

We have seen that value not only in the receipes and cooking advice, but a lot of configuration experiences that ranges from trying to cold smoke in Florida, venting out motel rooms, and trying to keep the water bowl from freezing by our friends in Canada. Your mileage may vary with the BS. The important part is constructively sharing this experience so that others may learn.

Okay, this Engineer is going back to his Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, putting some nice filet mignon on the grill for the little lady (served with Bernaise sauce), and breaking out a nice Sterling Vineyards Cab.........

Arcin' & Sparkin'