Reheating frozen pork butt

Started by Buckeye BBQ, December 22, 2010, 02:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye BBQ

Any suggestions on reheating a frozen pork butt?  I cooked an extra several weeks ago and want to serve for the holidays.  I originally FTC'd it and then vacuum sealed it with the extra juice i saved.  I then threw it in the freezer.  Do you think if I simmer it in water for 20-30 mins prior to taking out of the vacuum packaging that would work?  Is it better to reheat in the oven or a crock pot?  Thanks in advance all!

KevinG

If it's pulled and frozen, I usually just pop it in the microwave for about a minute for a sandwich size portion. I haven't frozen a cooked whole pork butt.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

JF7FSU

I've frozen a few and had great results just letting it thaw for a few days in the fridge and then wrapping it in foil with a little apple juice or your favorite adult beverage and popping it in the oven at 220.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

GusRobin

This is what I do:
If it is pulled and vac sealed, I sometimes reheat in hot (but not boiling ) water. Or I'll put it in a crock pot with some of the juice I saved when it cooked or some beef broth. I prefer the latter method but both work fine.
If it is not pulled, I would wrap in foil with some beef broth or juice and put in the oven at 225* until it reaches 190. Take it out and FTC for an hour then pull>
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Never frozen a whole cooked butt, they always fall apart.  I thaw the vac seal in hot water then put pulled pork in a crock pot with a little apple juice or broth.