Inversion chair / table

Started by Oldman, August 27, 2009, 08:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

MRH

Raye,

I think I am going to try one here real soon.  The Chiropractor thinks it could help me with all the driving I do.  If you read reviews just about all of the ones posted seem like it helps the people, except for a select few all seem positive.  I guess we will see.

Mark

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MRH

I got one about a month ago. It is really nice after a long day of driving to get stretched back out! It seems to have with helped my back troubles too, the Chropracter thinks so too.  It did take a little getting used to having the blood rush to your head will hanging, even only going to 60 degrees.  I usually get on it every night from 5 to 10 minutes is all. I figured I would do a review since this was posted.

Mark

Quarlow

That's the thing MRH people think you have to hang straight up and down but you don't. You just have to go like you said 60 degrees is good to start and maybe less. Then you work up to what you can take.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

classicrockgriller

I severally wrenched my back a few years ago.
I was walking almost bent over to the side.
Me being the hardheaded Cajun I am refused to go the Doctor even after Wife had made appointment.
One of my contacts told me his wife was a physical therapist that specialized in helping people with my condition.
He had her fax over some direction for an exercise that required you to lay on your back with two feet on a wall
and rotate your hips and shoulders in different directions. I don't want to say too much for fear of telling you
something wrong without consulting the instructions.
I did it. Two days later I could bend over and tie my shoes. Four days later I never knew I had a problem.
Every now and then I do it for one or two days and back is great.

If you think this is of intrest let me know and I will find my copy.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 12, 2009, 03:49:24 PM
I severally wrenched my back a few years ago.

If you think this is of intrest let me know and I will find my copy.

I messed up my lower lumbar in 1995 from a motocross jump gone BAD
Someone clipped my rear tire just be for I came off a 30' table top, still brings shills up my spine just thinking about it. Needless to say I have chronic back pain and some days I cant feel my right leg from the hip down. Any exercise to help the back would be worth a try.

Yes I have seen many doctors and neurologists, I have a herniated disk and had two slipped disks, traction and 8 weeks physical therapy got me walking again but they aint cutting me till I cant stand it any more. Need less to say the Doc tried to make me quit riding. It wasn't till I went over the bars on another jump gone wrong at my place and tore my shoulder off my collar bone and shoulder blade, then I quit. I still have the bike. The only thing that happened to the bike was a cracked rear fender and slightly bent bars.

Ok I'll stop now, them were some good times. 18 years riding and only two bad ones aint bad in my eyes. Talk about an adrenalin rush

Tenpoint5

OU Sounds like AGE caught up with you!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 13, 2009, 08:51:02 AM
OU Sounds like AGE caught up with you!!

Thats what the Doc kept telling me, but damm what a ride.

ArnieM

This is one we have in our 'junk' room.  Most of the junk is my oldest daughter's - honest.

As Q said, you don't have to hang upside down like a bat.  My wife uses it and swears by it.  Her Chiropractor said it's a good thing.  Just go to 50-60 degrees for 2-3 minutes for a start.  If you look about half way down the chrome post, there's an adjustable strap to limit the tilt.  And, yes, she won't use it unless I'm here.  Me? I use JD.  It does wonders for my back.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

I'm with you Arnie, JD almost every night, just enough to get the edge off.

Works for me but every now and then it dont.

I do stretch every morning just to get moving and a couple times a day just to stay loose.

ArnieM

Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 09:37:01 AM

I don't think you're taking your medicine often enough OU  ;D  I decided to try some Wild Turkey this time.  My arthritis is feeling better already.  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ArnieM on October 13, 2009, 09:45:47 AM
Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 09:37:01 AM

I don't think you're taking your medicine often enough OU  ;D  I decided to try some Wild Turkey this time.  My arthritis is feeling better already.  ;)
Now your talking!!! 8yrs old 101 proof that is good sippin. It don't bite back as hard as JD either
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MRH

Raye,

Got a Teeter EP 950 model. Seems pretty well built. I looked at one the Scheels store had wich looked very similar and was half as much bit not nearly as heavy built.  I am 265 lbs and it holds me very well not a bit shakey or wobbley.

Mark