smoked jalapenos

Started by seemore, August 26, 2011, 10:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

had some  jalapenos sliced in half in smoker 3 hours smoke hickory temp 150............ then 145 till dry here they are also june is trying to grow some habs this is the first she is happy
seemore

pensrock

looks good, thats how i do them but put into dehydrator to finish.

ghost9mm

Seemore... they really look good, I can still do jalapenos...but the habs, I have to leave them to the younger folks...lol..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

seemore

Well, we finally got them all dried tonight after about 24 hours:

The red peppers had a really nice 'sweet' hot taste to them.  The green were quite spicy.
We will be grinding them down to a powder, and will post the pics when we do them.  As we will be leaving tomorrow for a four-week camping outing, it may be a while before we do this.
seemore

KyNola

Scott and June, you guys have a safe trip!  Take the pork and crawfish sausage with you.

seemore

KyNola, the sausage has already been packed in the fifth wheel!
While Mrs watched tv, I ground the peppers.  Here is my very own chipotle powder:

I have not tried it yet, because I am SCARED!!!! ???

pensrock

seemore, i have made chipotle powder many times.... its really good stuff. yours looks great.
wait till you smoke and grind up a bunch of habs. ;)

wipf9994

seemore what do u use to grind the peppers?

pensrock

i crush the dried peppers then use a spice grinder. its best to do it outside with a fan or breeze to your back to keep the dust away from your face. i'm speaking from experience.  :o

rdevous

Seemore.............They look good.

BTW......have you tried doing an iced coffee with those Newman's Own K-cups?  It's my go to for iced coffee!!!
I get mine from BJ's in the 80 cup box.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

hal4uk

With those happy birds and flowers.. How hot could it be?

----
Looks really good, but I think u need some angry dragon labels  :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

OU812

Home grown Chipotle pepper,,,,,,,,,,,dont get any better than that.

Cant wait till my peppers aer ready, dont get many red ones though.

pensrock

just let them on the plant longer, they will turn red. not all of them but quite a few.

OU812

Quote from: pensrock on August 31, 2011, 07:17:28 PM
just let them on the plant longer, they will turn red. not all of them but quite a few.

Gotcha

rdevous

If anyone is looking for a rack for jalapenos...check out page 151 of Avon's campaign 19. A hot pepper apron is on page 150.

Pepper apron ($9.99) is item # 240-742 and the pepper holder ($14.99)is item # 231-885.  There is also a mortar and pestle ($19.99) for those who like to hand grind their spices.  It is item # 231-890 on page 151.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!