jerky technequices

Started by loejukan, October 22, 2009, 05:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

pensrock go to your local Lowes (if your lucky) or Homer Depot and get a 4" duct booster fan for $25 spend the rest of the $65 on meat.

JT

pensrock

Quotepensrock go to your local Lowes (if your lucky) or Homer Depot and get a 4" duct booster fan for $25 spend the rest of the $65 on meat.

Thanks for the info, does the CFM matter?  Probably the lower the better.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: pensrock on October 24, 2009, 04:04:48 PM
Quotepensrock go to your local Lowes (if your lucky) or Homer Depot and get a 4" duct booster fan for $25 spend the rest of the $65 on meat.

Thanks for the info, does the CFM matter?  Probably the lower the better.

I don't think you need to worry to much about the  CFM. With no smoke, you could use the vent to control the airflow if the tower temp dropped to much.
HawkeyeSmokes

BigJohnT

Exactly Hawk, BTW mine is a 6" I just went to look it was the smallest one they had.

JT

pensrock

Thanks, I'm not sure where the nearest Home Depot is, but that is a great price. I'll have to look around some.

HawkeyeSmokes

I don't have one close by but their shipping is only 6.50. So for 20 bucks I think I'm going to go that route.
HawkeyeSmokes

smokeitall

Hey Hawkeye I got a Home Depot a few miles from me, I can throw one of those out the window on my drive past too.. ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: smokeitall on October 24, 2009, 07:34:48 PM
Hey Hawkeye I got a Home Depot a few miles from me, I can throw one of those out the window on my drive past too.. ;D

Thanks, I better get a trash can ready to catch all the goodies. Or better yet, if you stop for a minute, I can hand off some cheese to you!   :D
HawkeyeSmokes

bundy

Hey JT, can you tell us about your fan kit? Cost etc.

Quarlow

If you go up to his post and hit " Scott,s place" link you will find it in "smoking"
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

RAF128

Quote from: loejukan on October 22, 2009, 05:27:57 PM
how does everyone like to do there jerky? i hear people talking about doing it all in the DBS and some talking about doing half the time in the smoker and finishing the rest in the dehydrator. what are the pros and cons to both of these technique's. I'm new to the smoker part of making jerky but not the dehydrating part. any input would be appreciated.

thanks Joe

I did that once :o.   There was lots of smoke on the jerky and I used the dehydrator in the house where it was warmer.    Mistake.   House smelled smokie for days and needless to say my wife wasn't too pleased. 

Piker

Tried out the gardenmaster and it worked great. Took just half the time as my old one and I did not have to rotate the trays. Once I figure out how to post some piocs I will do so. Piker