Cold Smoke

Started by Mikey, September 23, 2005, 06:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Hey guys, I just tried an idea I had to help keep the temp down in the Bradley for a good cold smoke. I filled 3, 2 liter plastic pop bottles up with water (about 3 inches from the top because the water expands when it freezes)and threw them in the deep freeze for a couple of days. I then stacked them on there side in triangle fashion on the bottom shelf. I suppose you could put them on the bottom drip tray if you needed more room but I didnt. I then put them in the smoker along with the fish and let them sit in there while the fish formed a pellicle (to cold soak the cabinet) then I began smoking leaving the bottles in the cabinet. The temp never got over 60 degrees F and the temp outside is 13 C. Its nice because you just have to rinse them off, and put them back into the freezer, no mess at all. Worked so well I had to make sure the vent at the top was open full in order to get enough up draft, the smoke was coming out from between the generator and the cabinet. If anyone has already thought of this I appologize.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">If anyone has already thought of this I appologize.</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Nothing to apologize for.

Plus that is one great idea~~! Thanks a bunch for sharing it! [:p]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

All roads lead to Rome. Good idea, Mikey.
T2

nsxbill

Great Idea!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.