my first umm mini brisket

Started by Snoopy, July 09, 2013, 03:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

So started it at 130, mix of whiskey oak and apple. coated with McCormick Cowboy rub, and have been spraying it with a mix of apple juice and JD, it's only 2.5lbs hence the mini, gonna do a bigger one this weekend. So far loving the igrill with the graphing. recovery times have seemed pretty quick about 10 minutes. last time I opened it, sprayed the brisket, changed the water with boiling out of the teapot, and closed, went from about 160 back to 220-230 in about 10. has been swinging up and down a little but mostly staying above 200. heres the 1 hour mark

Snoopy

and 2 hour mark. internal temp at 137,

Snoopy

and on hour 5, for 2.5lbs I though it would be done by now, 168 internal currently. top down shot from the vent

jdhunt0

I remember when my smoker was that clean.

Snoopy

K so I pulled it at 180, letting it rest on the counter while getting rest of dinner ready. Cut off a little piece from the end and very happy with it, still moist after 6.5 hours. Will definitely start em earlier in the future as the 1.5 hour thing didn't seem to hold on this one.

GusRobin

Quote from: Snoopy on July 09, 2013, 07:56:08 PM
Will definitely start em earlier in the future as the 1.5 hour thing didn't seem to hold on this one.
Especially when you keep opening it to take pictures :)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Snoopy

Was opening to spray a little, little excited for the first one lol. And that last pic I took was through the vent hole didn't open it. Overall happy with my first smoke, got some ideas for future and learned some stuff, like apple juice and jack are pretty good. Plated-

beefmann

ragweed