How much snow are you getting?

Started by MPTubbs, January 06, 2010, 07:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTubbs

Here in eastern Nebraska I believe we have 32" on the ground so far.

Up to 6" is falling right now and their talking about 20" more next week. (According to their models). >:(

Suppose to be a big front coming in off the west coat.

Next couple of days the lows will be around -20f and highs of 0. Factor in the wind chill and that would make it -40 to -30f.

Global warming?
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

pensrock

COOL, you guys have all the fun.  ;D ;D ;D

I have about 6-8-inches on the ground. not sure if anymore is coming or not, I have not seen the forecast. BTW I'm in west central PA.

Quarlow

Wow, your weather channel uses models to do the weather. Cool. 8) 8) ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

MPTubbs

Quote from: Quarlow on January 06, 2010, 08:00:08 AM
Wow, your weather channel uses models to do the weather. Cool. 8) 8) ;D ;D

Yeah.....some times they walk around with their fingers glued together.

NePaSmoKer

Total within the last month we are at 8"

MPTubbs

I believe our latest record for the season was 42".

Set back in 2003-2004.

I bet we beat that this year!

squirtthecat

We have a couple on the ground, but 6" coming tonight/tomorrow AM w/ 35MPH winds.

It hasn't been much above 10 degrees since the holidays..
I walked out to the driveway start my car and it was 2 this morning - no wind.

I thought, briefly, hey this isn't so bad today...       I need my head examined.

Plumbers and HVAC guys are making hay this week!

aha638

We don't have any snow as it whs been in the high 70's or low 80's for a long time - can't beat SoCal during the winter!

Al

Oldman

Now it has been cold here (I figure some fool from up North brought down with him) We have no snow. Plus it is very warm in the sunshine.  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MPTubbs

Quote from: aha638 on January 06, 2010, 08:33:27 AM
We don't have any snow as it whs been in the high 70's or low 80's for a long time - can't beat SoCal during the winter!

Al

Mmmmm........70's, can't wait.

OU812

I'm in the same boat as tubbs and were running out of places to put all the snow.

I've went through 250 gal of propane sense the beginning of Nov. OUCH  >:(

MPTubbs

Quote from: OU812 on January 06, 2010, 08:52:16 AM
I'm in the same boat as tubbs and were running out of places to put all the snow.

I've went through 250 gal of propane sense the beginning of Nov. OUCH  >:(

I heat my shop with waste oil and so far I've used 750 gal. since beginning of Nov.

I only have 800 gal. left   :o

ArnieM

We probably have 6-8 on the ground.  It snowed on and off for four days.  This past Sunday was predicted as a coating to an inch.  4-5 inches later ...

It has been cold and windy.  Predicted high of 31oF today.  One comment I heard said the OBS is about the size of a dorm fridge.  Well, it's out in the garage and ...
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

justpete

We only have about 10" on the ground right now.
More due on Friday.

Tiny Tim

I'm in the same boat as the Nebraskans.  30+ on the ground, expecting 6-10 today and tomorrow....along with Alaska temps.  Heat wave supposedly coming next week for highs in the 20's though.