Just bought the 4 rack Digital smoker and it doesn't get any hotter then 150!

Started by dinkadoo, June 06, 2011, 01:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkadoo

Just bought the 4 rack Digital smoker and it doesn't get any hotter that 150 degrees!  I used it once and didn't work  all that well, but I thought because it was the winter so I tried it again and the same thing! What is wrong?

devo

First off Welcome
When you have it turn on does the element in the back borrom get red hot? If not you might have a bad element. Check all cord connections as they can give you problems if not all the way in. Push hard on them and then push again to make sure.
Are you running the smoke generator, if so you can get 150* just from that so thats why I believe something is wrong with the element.

pensrock

I agree, check all your connections, push them in real hard, set tower temp to 200-250 and look at the heating element, it should turn red after a few minutes. If not try to plug the tower right into a working outlet, bypassing the smoker control. Only do this for a few minutes to see if the element is getting hot cause you will be bypassing the controller. But it is good to know if the heating element is the problem or if the problem is in the controller section. If it is getting hot plugged directly into an  outlet. then unlpug and open up the controller. Look for loose wires, try unplugging and replugging the wires inside the controller. If this does not fix it, then I would call Bradley and let them know everything you tried. That way they will be better able to help you get it fixed.

ghost9mm

What was already said was really sound advice, I lost an element yesterday but I had a spare and it only took about 20 minutes to change it out, if the head office at Bradley is monitoring this thread you may get a email from them...without a dought Bradley is the best on customer service...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

dinkadoo

Thanks Guys, I turned it off, unplugged all the wires, and then pushed them all back in real tight and it seems to be working, it's up to 225 in an hour so..

ghost9mm

Really glad to hear that some good advice from here on the forum got you straighten out.. :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

pensrock

Habanero Smoker

Hi dinkadoo;

Welcome to the forum.

This link will take you to some trouble shooting tips, and advice.
Bradley FAQ's

Recipes

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)