New to smoking, bit on the cabelas deal

Started by goblism, July 22, 2009, 09:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblism

well picked up the smoker today from cabelas, got a variety pack also.  Also got a et-7 from a guy for $25, figure it should probably be as good as the et-73, and i plan on modifying my bradley to use a pid anyway.

pumped, can't wait to get something going in it, unfortantly i live in an apartment, so might have to run over to the parents house and give it a whirl there (wifey said that maybe i could smoke inside with some dryer venting...we will see)

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum. Your ET-7 will work just fine. You can use a couple paper clips to hang the second probe to moniter the cabinet temp. Good luck on your first trial run.
HawkeyeSmokes

goblism

thanks, my biggest worry was that everyone endorses the et-73, and here i am buying a et-7, price was right, and won't matter once i get the pid, actually i will probably be glad once i get the pid installed.

HawkeyeSmokes

I think the only difference is you have 2 probes and the ET-73 has 1 probe and 1 cabinet monitor. You can use the second probe as a cabinet monitor just by hanging from a couple of paper clips. Here is what I did.

HawkeyeSmokes