Chorizo

Started by Mr Walleye, February 16, 2009, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Looks good NePas!

I see your recipe has dextrose in it. How much does that effect the flavor? Just slightly as in a slight sweetness to go along with the heat?

One more question on the black pepper... of the 2 Tbs are you referring to 75% whole pepper corns and 25% of it cracked?

Thanks
Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Mr Walleye on February 18, 2009, 06:25:29 PM
Looks good NePas!

I see your recipe has dextrose in it. How much does that effect the flavor? Just slightly as in a slight sweetness to go along with the heat?

One more question on the black pepper... of the 2 Tbs are you referring to 75% whole pepper corns and 25% of it cracked?

Thanks
Mike

Mike

What I do is use 2 T of pepper corns, Fresh grind 1.5 Tbs with a pepper mill, then crush the remaining 1/2 T with a mortar/pestle. I have found that the mortar/pestle releases some of the oils.  I have also used course grind or whats called butcher grind black pepper too.

Rick

Roadking

Smokin Soon

Cool, Roadking that reminds me of the Burma Shave Road Signs of many years ago. Hats off to all of our forum members that are old enough to remember them!  ;D

Habanero Smoker

I drove across country back in the mid-seventies. We were returning; and while driving through S. Dakota (I belive we were on I-90) and for miles, it seemed that every mile we would pass a sign saying "__ miles until Wall Drugs" and some other advvertisement. We were in a hurry, but by the time we reached the exit for Wall Drugs, we had to turn off and visit the place.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roadking

I found that on my Harley forum 'HDForum.com' I king of like it. Straight to the point and kind of funny.