Winter in Alaska

Started by Kummok, February 09, 2005, 10:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

In case you ever wonder what us old fish crunchers do when the weather's too nasty to fish, (which doesn't happen THAT often!)  

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Click the Polar Bear once to serve the penguin, then again to bat  [:o)]  This one oughta stir up any PETAs in the group....[}:)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

birdboy

My boats a week away from arrival, I'll be fishing for Salmon shortly...

I'll have to look, I have a different version of that game that was a little more graphic when you made contact... [:D]

Kummok

NEW BOAT?!?!?!?[:D][:D][:D]  Watcha gettin[?]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Habanero Smoker

That game originally comes from this site http://www.yetisports.org/ . They have several games. It now requires you to register, but the other games are more fun.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

Ahhhh, only 206.4 was my best....Man, it must get cold[:D][:D]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />NEW BOAT?!?!?!?[:D][:D][:D]  Watcha gettin[?]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nothin as nice as your probably used to fishing in, trying to remember what boat it looked like you were in... Arima ?.  Getting a 22' alumaweld intruder, wanted something to fish and ski with, won't be a super shallow water boat, but hopefully I'll be able to get around elsewhere with it [:)]  Salmon fishing will be a new adventure for me, lots to learn.

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Ahhhh, only 206.4 was my best....Man, it must get cold[:D][:D]

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

Ha ha ha .... you all are a bunch of non-gamers LOL!

Who's Your Daddy???

BTW I did cheat! I changed the number~~! My BAD! The best I got was 319.9.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

Where are you going to fish for salmon with the new boat,birdboy?
Tom

Kummok

Birdboy: The boat that pic was taken in was a 40 Bounty, my neighbor's. Nice ride, but outta my price range. I've got a 22'SeaSport (pic below). Love the Alumaweld and wish my hull was aluminum....would open up a broader range of destinations for me....someday IF you guys will buy more Bubba Pucks[:D][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Fuzzybear

Shoot Kummok, I don't even have a boat!  I've been eyeballing a Sea Ray 185 runabout though (not good for fishing, just cruising around the lakes up here - my friends have fishing boats so I'm not in a hurry to get one at this time)

<font size="6">But, I gotta get the missus back to work so I can get the new toy, and a truck hee hee!</font id="size6">

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

birdboy

tsquared: I'll be fishing around Oregon and southern washington, want to try Bouy 10, the Rockpile and the Columbia.  I'll be trying anything I can comfortably get into with a prop (excludes about 4 rivers in Oregon).  I also got all my traps for crabbing, dealers throwing in a crab davot.

Kummock:  Nice boat, you are set for fishing!  Wife still wants to be able to ski, etc, so I sold my 185 Reinell, and ordered the Alumaweld with a 225 Honda prop and kicker.  Hopefully it will be the best all around boat for the money.  Dealer says once you've gone aluminum you wont go back to a fiberglass ski boat....we'll see.

Now need to get a good sounder/chartplotter, vhf radio, ....
Sportsmans show this weekend![:D]

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
BTW I did cheat! I changed the number~~! My BAD! The best I got was 319.9.

You really had me going.  When I saw that 500+ I just went damn[:0].

Still got you beat though I hit 323.4 right after I finished the first post[:D]

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />In case you ever wonder what us old fish crunchers do when the weather's too nasty to fish, (which doesn't happen THAT often!)  

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Click the Polar Bear once to serve the penguin, then again to bat  [:o)]  This one oughta stir up any PETAs in the group....[}:)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
320.5 was my best . . . it must be cuz I use a Mac [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">320.5 was my best . . . it must be cuz I use a Mac
[;)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oh you are one of those guys... The counter said 400 tries on your part. LOL!

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!