Very slow heating?

Started by Blueoval4x4, July 10, 2011, 12:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueoval4x4

Hey guys, hopefully somebody can help me with this. I just uncovered my digital smoker and I'm doing my first smoke of the summer. I purchased it a year ago and I never had any issues with it. Problem is now that I have had it running with my pork ribs in it for about two hours. The temp I set is 280 and the smoker is only up to 153. I don't remember it taking that long to heat up last summer. It's 85 out today with no wind. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

watchdog56

I have a digital and also a PID. Sometimes I forget how to connect each other when using them all and my smoker does not get to temp. I look at the wire diagrams again and get it straightened out. Not sure if that is your problem or not but I know it is usually mine.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Blueoval4x4;

It looks like your heating element is not working, hopefully it is not a bad element so you can get up and running today. Have you checked to see if the element is glowing red?

Make sure all your connections are secure; especially the short power cord that goes from the cabinet to the generator. If you can't resolve the issue today you can move your ribs to a kitchen oven, or finish them with indirect heat on the grill

Here is a link to some trouble shooting tips that may help:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Blueoval4x4

Thanks soo much Habanero. The generator plug wasn't fully in. The temp is going up fine now. Thanks again!! :)

Habanero Smoker

Glad to see you got your smoker up and smoking again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

wipf9994

I have this problem as well. after 1st use i cant get the temp up.. whats the problem?

Habanero Smoker

Hi wipf9994;

Welcome to the forum. More information would be useful. With the digital it could be as simple as a loose connect to a loose wire; not pushing the buttons properly to a faulty element etc.

Have you tried any of the trouble shooting tip in my above post or from the link that was provided in that post? Hopefully that link will help you resolve your problem, but at a minimum it will help you narrow down what or where  the problem is located at.

I
         don't
                   inhale.