Midwest Smoke Out VI

Started by Tenpoint5, February 28, 2015, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It is looking like this years Smoke Out will be the weekend of Aug 8-9th. With the main day of the smoke out being on Saturday the 8th.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manfromplaid

if all goes well the missus and I shall return. we had a great time last year and made our decision to try again in about 3 seconds. hope to see you there  8) ;D ;D ;D

ragweed

Cindy and I will be there!!  Can't wait :) :) 

Tiny Tim

I intend to be able to make it this year, even with another trip planned for a month earlier.  It hurt missing the last 3.

adam62882

I'm new here... can you explain what this event is, exactly? Thanks!

manfromplaid

this is an opportunity for forum members to meet and enjoy some good smoked food. also those that attend may bring some of their own treats to share around.it is hosted by a forum member because he wants to do  it. this smokeout takes place in cascade Iowa. tenpoints has done this 5 times already (I think) and its a blast. I went to this one last year ( my first) and we and the boss rode our bikes down from alberta, around 2000 miles 1 way. its worth trying to get to one or even having one of your own. hope this helps if not keep asking :)
jeff

Ka Honu

I marked Cascade on my map several years ago in case I could ever get to 10.5's smokeout. I'm not likely to be there this year either but just wanted to check that they haven't moved Iowa since I last looked. At over 4,000 miles any (even minor) miscalculation could be devastating.

NorthShoreMN

Tenpoint5. Very happy to see your post. Will do everything possible to be there.  Missing last year was the pits. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

cobra6223

well glad to see another awesome time coming to Cascade!!! I have two for sure and a possible third if she gets the time off. Thanks for having us at your wonderful home and I hope to see some new faces and lots of the old coming back. Take care for now. Tim
Well Chris Karen the time off this year so there will be three of us coming down and thanks for all you and your family do this. Tim

Tenpoint5

Time is drawing to a close. Momma is wondering about a head count for meal planning. So who's thinking they will be able to make it this year?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manfromplaid

still have not got my summer trips planned out. we are trying to get this one locked in but don't know yet. have to put us down as a maybe and if its going to happen we will update.. best I can do for now.

TedEbear

I'll be in France on my bicycle.  Hope you all enjoy it and the rain stays away.

Tiny Tim

Change in medical treatment plan caused me to burn through the funds I had saved, but I'll get back to one of these sometime...just sadly, not this year.

tailfeathers

I've yet to make it to a smoke out and was hoping this would be the year but my wife agreed to watch our grandson so I'm booked elsewhere. That and the fact that my fun money went to Rec Tec. Someday I WILL get to one though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Salmonsmoker

TF, I think your fun money is not keeping up with the "cost of living" increases. Time to re-assess! ;) ;)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.