Tips for the Newbie??

Started by MoiBella, June 20, 2014, 07:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoiBella

Again I am new from Lethbridge AB and super excited to do my first smoke tomorrow......Hello Ribs

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Are you smoking spare ribs or baby backs or what?  Do you know about the 3-2-1 method for cooking ribs?

seb bot

Hey MoiBella, welcome from BC!

Hope you enjoy your new smoker, and that your ribs turn out great :)

The link from TedEbear is super helpful; I had never done ribs at all before I got my Bradley, and that's what I made the first time I used it. I followed the tutorial and they turned out awesome!
Make sure to use hot water in the puck bowl, and to preheat your smoker to higher then your planned cooking temp as the temp will drop when the meat goes in. I Usually preheat to 260 or so when doing ribs, then drop down to 230 for cook.

There's tons of good info here, and lots of helpful people. The site the link is on is the recipe site, which is also worth checking out for ideas and info.

beefmann

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Lots of good folks here willing and able to help.  Ask anything and keep your top vent open.

Saber 4

tailfeathers

Hello to yet another hurtin' Albertin and welcome from South Dakota. We like pictures!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!