Holy S#!T - MAJOR Calamity.

Started by jeninifer, October 27, 2007, 05:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuoteI have found gfci receptacles in bathrooms, garages and many other places that feed power to outside outlets.  check all over the house as some people use a lot of creative wiring.
[/size]I totally agree.  On a circuit you can have several power outlets with one GFI (the first one in the circuit) protecting the rest.

QuoteEVERY TIME I try to turn on the garbage disposal - I turn on the bar lights.
This is not good at all. For the safety of your family it is time to call out someone to look at your wiring.

As far as how open your vent should be, the rule of thumb that I use is it is open just enough to keep the smoke from back feeding into the generator. Back feeding smoke into your generator will cause you major problems after a while. In fact do it long enough and you will purchase a new generator.

Other than the generator there is a high limit switch in the back of the unit about 1/2 way up. You have to remove the back panel to see it.  The slide bar in the front is a rheostat. If the rheost got wet and shorted out that could be your problem.

If your unit is new (under 1 year) then Bradley's warrenty is as good a gold in the pocket.

Good Luck!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jeninifer

I know it's been a while since my disaster, but I finally got the chance today to give my OBS the attention it's been needing.

I did trip a GFI in the garage (you guys are brilliant)!  My husband kept telling me there wasn't one in there, but I could never properly investigate because of his truck.  One day when he was gone and I was in there thinking about it - voila!  There it was.  I seriously enjoyed being able to point this out to him.

Everything with my smoker is working just fine.  We tested everything today and we've got proper puck advancement, heat and all things necessary.

Whew.

8)
Smoker, Joker, Midnight Toker.

Tiny Tim

Great to hear you're back in business, Jen.  Feels good to be able to prove somebody wrong, doesn't it? ;D

Gizmo

Congrats on solving the mystery Jen.  Sounds like an extreme opportunity to take advantage of the situation.  In this time of generosity, might I suggest an upsizing of carats.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Jen...Giz does have a really good point!!! :) :) :)

iceman

Quote from: La Quinta on November 25, 2007, 03:20:06 PM
Jen...Giz does have a really good point!!! :) :) :)
Good greif you folks are scaring me. With as much stuff as Ann has on me I'd go broke with the carat upgrade deal you're talking about. I gotta keep her away from the forum awhile till this thing cools down. :o :D ;D

La Quinta

Hey Ice...I keep telling ya...if you market that sauce...Ann could be dripping in carats!!! I'm suggesting the check I sent you today...goes into a "carat fund"!!! (Ann, please feel free to call me...our neighbor is a gem dealer!!!)

Am I scaring ya Pat???!!! :) :)

iceman

Quote from: La Quinta on November 28, 2007, 03:35:06 PM
Hey Ice...I keep telling ya...if you market that sauce...Ann could be dripping in carats!!! I'm suggesting the check I sent you today...goes into a "carat fund"!!! (Ann, please feel free to call me...our neighbor is a gem dealer!!!)

Scares me, and I'm fearless!!! :D :D :D

La Quinta

Yeah...we are scary beings...I think we come from the same planet as "O" does. :)

Consiglieri

Quote from: iceman on November 29, 2007, 09:30:19 AM
Quote from: La Quinta on November 28, 2007, 03:35:06 PM

Scares me, and I'm fearless!!! :D :D :D

Reminds me of the posts from ceuawlsune.  Anyone know how she's doing?  A fine wit with some creative recipes.
Consiglieri