Argghhh...it happened to me, element toast after 6 smokes

Started by Whitey Jr, July 05, 2011, 05:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeaton

Hi, new guy here, first post. 4th smoke on my digital and element is toast. Unit is month old. Nice forum, great to find info so quickly. Now, I need to look up the phone number to call. I kinda like the 900 watt element mod. I may have to gather parts and do it later, no time now.

muebe

Sorry to hear that...Bradley customer service is great. Just call them up and they will get a new element out to you.

I have the 900w element mod and it works great for me. Let me know if you need any help with it ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ddeaton

called them up, they are great, element is on its way. I would like a little help with the mod. I am a electrical controls integrator (fancy name for control electrician), so I have no trouble at all with temp control circuits. Other that a better element and faster response, is there any other benifits? I just finished up a hot water element and a pid control for a bluing tank for firearems. I will start reading the posts on this mod and figure out where to purchase the items. Thanks for all the help and info. Maybe I can contribute something with my background.