Goose Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 01, 2011, 02:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Doing some goose jerky today. Didnt have time to smoke it so i just reveo marinated and dehydrator. I have a honking  :D  tub to do still  :D

In the new Cabelas dehydrator.

It works pretty good and 90% quieter than my 80L

Finished pics later.

TestRocket

I see this tool get to stay inside and you got your new calendar up too! That reminds me I've got my new Jack Daniel's calendar I need to swap out! Happy New Year!  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: TestRocket on January 01, 2011, 05:41:28 PM
I see this tool get to stay inside and you got your new calendar up too! That reminds me I've got my new Jack Daniel's calendar I need to swap out! Happy New Year!  ;D

Happy NY to you too  ;D

Its done and already been delivered.

Now more goose  :D

Keymaster

Very Nice, you've been a busy beaver  ;D

NePaSmoKer

The slicer on my grinder sure makes jerky cutting easy  ;D

And the boning knife......very sharp  :'(

Cope30tyee

Nepa,

Would you please share the recipe.  I've been shooting a bunch of geese with my bow and need a better recipe than I've been using.  The stuff I've made has been descent but I'm sure you could help me out!!  By the way, it looks great!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Cope30tyee on January 02, 2011, 10:57:09 AM
Nepa,

Would you please share the recipe.  I've been shooting a bunch of geese with my bow and need a better recipe than I've been using.  The stuff I've made has been descent but I'm sure you could help me out!!  By the way, it looks great!!!

Ok but just one cuz they are secret  :D

Wet marinade for goose jerky

4 lbs goose breast, thinly sliced
2 c. teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp tabasco sauce
3 Cup cold water
2 Tbsp liquid smoke (opt) if you dehydrate
2 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp meat tenderizer
1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash (any flavor)
1 Tbsp Red Pepper
1 tsp cure #1 (for smoker only)
1-2 Tbsp salt or more if you like really salty.

Mix everything together in a large covered bowl (Plastic), making sure all the goose is submerged. Put in fridge overnight. The next day, remove goose and put in dehydrator or smoker. OR You can use the Reveo like i do and skip the overnight.

Smoker @150-160* until you like the the way the jerky is done.

Dehydrator at 150-160* the same way.

BigJohnT

Nepas, your a bad boy showing me the dehydrator... Scott will be picking mine up this week I think. I've been teetering on the 80l and some others for a while.

JT

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BigJohnT on January 02, 2011, 03:15:32 PM
Nepas, your a bad boy showing me the dehydrator... Scott will be picking mine up this week I think. I've been teetering on the 80l and some others for a while.

JT

Ya know i hat to say it but this little one makes my 80L look bad  ;D

Getting close to the end of the goose jerky and sticks.  Got 20 lbs left but its going ground for Goose SS.

SL2010

Thats some nice looking jerky i have a question i notice you have the frogmat in that pic is that better than buy a set of jerky racks for my BDS

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SL2010 on January 03, 2011, 05:12:14 AM
Thats some nice looking jerky i have a question i notice you have the frogmat in that pic is that better than buy a set of jerky racks for my BDS

Yes for the smaller jerky pieces