Bubba Puck Adv.

Started by mjack1957, January 03, 2009, 01:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjack1957

She's here and a curing right now.  3 chips and 3 pucks on top.  After the curing period, do I advance the 3 pucks to clear the shute and then reload for smoking?  I think that's what I need to do.  But just need a yes or no from some veteran.  Thanks.  I have a rack or ribs and a brisket to do.

pensrock

It all depends. If you plan to start smoking again right away and plan to use the same type of wood, then no. Just load however many more pucks needed (+3) on top and go to it.

If you do not plan to use the smoker after finishing the current smoke, then I would remove the last pucks and put in a ziplock bag to keep away from any moisture.

mjack1957

Quote from: pensrock on January 03, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
It all depends. If you plan to start smoking again right away and plan to use the same type of wood, then no. Just load however many more pucks needed (+3) on top and go to it.

If you do not plan to use the smoker after finishing the current smoke, then I would remove the last pucks and put in a ziplock bag to keep away from any moisture.

No.. what I'm saying is there are 3 chips and on top of them 3 pucks.  Thus one hour curing time using the 3 chips.  When they are done, there will be 3 pucks left on the tray.  I think I'm suppose to advance those 3 pucks and reload the chamber with enough chips for my cooking plus the 3 pucks on top... CORRECT?

Habanero Smoker

Instead of using other bisquettes to advance your Bubba Pucks, use a set of tong and take them off the tray. They will be hot so dunk them in water, to let them cool. After you have loaded your cabinet with the food you will be smoking/cooking, then load your bisquettes and advance them to then burner.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mjack1957

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 03, 2009, 01:54:33 PM
Instead of using other bisquettes to advance your Bubba Pucks, use a set of tong and take them off the tray. They will be hot so dunk them in water, to let them cool. After you have loaded your cabinet with the food you will be smoking/cooking, then load your bisquettes and advance them to then burner.

Thanks... I'm almost cooking.  It took about ten minutes to put the whole thing together and get going with the curing process.  Simple and quick.  I'll have the ribs and a brisket going in a few.  I'm going to put about 2hrs of smoke on the brisket and ribs.  Is that about enough smoke time?  I using hickory pucks.

pensrock

Sorry I misread your post. I thought you were using wood pucks to push your others with.
Habs has you squared away.