Puck advance issues have made me a Bradley non-believer

Started by murmur, January 01, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murmur

:(
I received my Bradley 4 rack digital for Xmas in 2012.

I have been using a propane smoker for over 25 years
I was beyond excited for the controlled puck feed and not having to run outside every few hours to add wood chips.

In fairness- I had 2-3 weeks of good performance from this equipment before I started experiencing micro switch issues causing my pucks to all advance into the water bowl.

I learned early how to disassemble the generator and blow it all out. Frustrated at the lack of adjustment in the contact points of the armature/switch.

Over the last year I experience this stuck puck advance issue approx. 75% of every attempt at smoking.
Bradley has been non-responsive-Members of this forum have been very helpful
I am officially done after fighting with this issue today when trying to make Turkey Tasso for a New Years Day Jambalaya.

It seems that everytime I need my Bradley to work-It fails. It is beyond frustrating.

Tomorrow- I am taking it out to put it out of it's misery and purchase a Masterbuilt

I would rather be found dead in a forty acre field than ever use a Bradley product again.

GusRobin

when you say Bradley was non responsive, what did their Customer Service tell you?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

devo

You can trash your smoker box but can you send me the smoke generator. Call me crazy but I bet I can get it to work  ;) and it would be a nice addition to Miss Piggy  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: devo on January 01, 2014, 06:05:58 PM
You can trash your smoker box but can you send me the smoke generator. Call me crazy but I bet I can get it to work  ;) and it would be a nice addition to Miss Piggy  :)

Sorry it's gotten to that point for you. If shipping to Texas wasn't so expensive I'd take the cabinet..lol I have an extra digital SG that I could rig up as a cold smoker.

manfromplaid

where in alberta are you  i  live in the edmonton area and would gladly take it out for disposal for you  let me know where you are   thanks 
jeff