FREE GIVEAWAY LOOK

Started by SMOKEHOUSE ROB, January 11, 2005, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sesh</i>
<br />523
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Welcome, Tom!  Don't be a stranger to the Forum!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shaun</i>
<br />I'll guess 101[:)]
Welcome, Shaun!  Don't be stranger to the Forum.  BTW, where do you hail from?  I'm always looking for New England/NorthEast BSers . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

Hey Rob,

Now that everyone's HOT to trot on this raffle, how are you going to choose the lucky number?  Or is it already sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch?  BTW, if anyone knows where that comes from I'll throw a set of Jerky racks from Chez (shipping included, even if it is to Norway[8D]) into the raffle.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Olds,

That's very nice of you. But since you have no vested interest, you have to at least pick a number. C'mon!

Well I have my own racking system, so there is no need for me to enter.

What do you mean I have no vested interest. I want to see the Bradley become the most active smokin' board on the net. Including those who don't have a Bradley unit.

<hr noshade size="1">
Maybe after this giveaway we can do a once per month free 48 pack of pucks. To qualify for entry a member has to post a recipe smokin' or non-smokin' that has not been posted before that they have personally used and can recommend, or a member has to have contributed to a minimum  of 4 postings per month. [:D]

A given winner of any one month would not be able to enter into another giveaway for 90 days. This rule would be for obvious for reason I know I don't need to get into.<hr noshade size="1">

I would split the cost of the pucks with ya. give it some thought.
Olds

http://rminor.com
Olds,

This is a great idea.  If once a month is too frequent, we could hold one every 3 months.  That way there's some time between the raffles, but not enough to let new members get too "cold".  Perhaps the Advanced Members could "sponsor" it, with different prizes each time (bisquettes, accessories, rubs, etc).  We just need someone to keep track of the $$.

I would like us to think about coupling the sponsorship to some sort of membership recognition.  I had posted something along these lines in a previous post, but this could be a nice way to let all Forum participants know who has "stayed the course". We could have a Master Member category for those with, say, 300+ posts, 1 year of participation in the Forum, and sponsorship of at least half of the raffles held.  Millenium Members would be those with 1000+ posts, a year or more of membership, and sponsorship of &gt;50% of the raffles.  These are just "thinking out loud" ideas, so feel free to say "naaaaw".  

Regardless of raffle frequency, I like your idea of entrance requirements, especially the 4 posts/month rule.
John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

SmokeHouse Rob posted:
 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> The winnig number is already picked. The drawing will end feb 10 at midnight pst.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<hr noshade size="1"> I like a monthly idea myself. And if pucks are the prize (most of the time--I believe SmokeHouse Rob also suggest he had another idea) then it might be a reason for some to purchase a Bradley instead of something else when they are in the market for something new.<hr noshade size="1">

My cuz who I purchased the Bradley for just came out of the hospital today (new appliances implanted into his brain.) As much as we all think that we should be checking this board daily I'm quite sure Bub  has not for the past few days.

So I will guess a number for him. <font color="blue"><font size="3">83</font id="size3"></font id="blue">

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

mikechandler

I'll take 625 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />I am setting up a free raffel for a stainless steel RACK RACK,  its a drying/carrying rack. ALL you have to do is post a number from 1 to 700 here in this thread . you can only post once!. I will also pay for shipping. The winnig number is already picked. The drawing will end feb 10 at midnight pst. The reason for posting here is this fourm gets the most views. Please dont move this thread. If this is not allowed please deleat it sorry.  

racks and drip pan NOT included.
IF the same number is posted twice,it will go to the first one who posted the number first
also from Chez
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Well I might as well join the fun![:D]

We'll provide the drip pan & an extra rack set (your choice, jerky or regular) to the winner. Looks like Christmas is happening a few weeks late![8D]

Great idea Rob![:)] This will be interesting.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?

and from Oldman
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">All you first-timers coming out of the closet for the raffle: DON'T BE STRANGERS!
Yes please do and join in the fun~~!

<hr noshade size="1">Tell what I will do to help get everyone going on this and join us I will pay for a pack of 48 pucks your choice from Chez's place, plus shipping costs.
<hr noshade size="1">
Olds
(no number [:D] )

WOW this is going to be a Hell of a gift[8D]

mike c

BigRed

I love to guess numbers I will go with 63

BigRED

Thunder Fish

Thanks I'm down for    624

RhinoDoc

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[already sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch?  BTW, if anyone knows where that comes from I'll throw a set of Jerky racks from Chez (shipping included<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Laugh-In, I think

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Hey Rob,

Now that everyone's HOT to trot on this raffle, how are you going to choose the lucky number?  Or is it already sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch?  BTW, if anyone knows where that comes from I'll throw a set of Jerky racks from Chez (shipping included, even if it is to Norway[8D]) into the raffle.

John
Newton MA

ANSWER: Carnac the Magnificent, an old Johnny
Carson joke.

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey Rob,

Now that everyone's HOT to trot on this raffle, how are you going to choose the lucky number? Or is it already sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch? BTW, if anyone knows where that comes from I'll throw a set of Jerky racks from Chez (shipping included, even if it is to Norway[:D]) into the raffle.

This is a correct answer: By SmokeHouse Rob: <b>Carnac the Magnificent, an old Johnny Carson joke.</b>

However just in case here is another answer:
<b><i>Coach Emmett Hines,  TI Coaches Forum in 1999</b></i>
<hr noshade size="1"><b>Quote<font color="red"> I'm going to keep both of these precious documents along with our more current works (sealed, perhaps, in a mayonnaise jar under Funk & Wagnall's porch) and pull them out in another 10 years or so — just to see if I (and Terry) still have open minds, and so that we can reminisce over the old hovels.</font id="red"></b><hr noshade size="1">

Ok, JJC, you are on the "rack" to step up to this one~~! <font color="green"><b>Hey Guys/ Gals Looks likes the prize has just grown by a set of Jerky racks from JJC (shipping included, even if it is to Norway. [:D])</font id="green"></b>
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Yowza, yowza, yowza!  I shoulda known there's plenty of old-timers here.  Get those Jerky racks ready for the winner, Kirk![:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

capt.mike

I will take <font color="red"><font size="6">07</font id="size6"></font id="red">
Mike

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, MikeChandler--don't be a stranger!  BTW, what part of the country do ya hail from?[:)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by capt.mike</i>
<br />I will take <font color="red"><font size="6">07</font id="size6"></font id="red">
Mike
Hey Capt. Mike--

Noticed you're from Jersey--are you interested in being part of a NorthEast BSers Club?  Don't even know what that means yet--just assessing interest levels.  Thinking about maybe having a get together once a year or so for fun and feasting.  Or perhaps choosing a BBQ event  to meet up at for a couple hours. Nothing formal, or with dues or anything like that![:)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA