I need ALDER Pucks, and a company that will MAIL them USPS! HELP!

Started by UNKsmoker, August 17, 2006, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNKsmoker

Help!

I need a place where I can buy BULK Alder pucks 5-8 120 pks for smoking my salmon strips!
All the places I go to online are a rip off, they ship UPS and UPS wants 113.00 for shipping 13 lbs!

The USPS works just fine, but most puck/biscuit distributors do not "deal" with USPS....

ANyone have any insights or "places" where the deals on the biscuits are good and the outfit will mail?

My average price per puck these days is 47cents.... that is too much to keep using this set up!
AHHHAHAHAHHAHAA

I love the smoker and it has worked great this season,  but the prices are becoming hard to swallow.

any ideas?

Thanks, 

Jc :P

Habanero Smoker

It looks like your are from the Alaska area. If that is so Iceman or Kummuck can give you advice on this. I am sure they will reply when you confirm where you need the pucks shipped to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Chez Bubba

Jc,

We'd be happy to send them via USPS for you and only charge for shipping what USPS charges us. $113 does sound a little steep for 13#, but 13# would only be for about 2-120 packs, 5-8 would weigh considerably more.

Email me your address and order details & we can figure out the cost.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

UNKsmoker

Yup I will e-mail, and yes you are right it was for only 2 packs 0f 120...

But my needs are in the 5-8  (of 120) range,  I have a "smoke" going as we speak on 12 "stripped" silver salmon!
The season is still strong and will be until the 2 week of Sept I hope!

The Bradley is chugging away just fine,  but I'm down to my last box! I tried a "vendor off E-Bay :-X,  still waiting...

My e-mail is [email protected]

jason Currier
PO BOX 337
Unalakleet, AK 99684

I'd love a quote on 5 boxes of 120 ALDER pucks!  ( bought some of a seller on E-Bay, last week:-X still awaiting those)

Thanks,  Jason

Chez Bubba

Jason,

Being that to us lower 48-ers pay 37 cents per, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me that you pay 47 cents delivered.

I had to pay $287 for a 1 gig CF card in Anchorage & milk is $6 a gallon. I could find worse deals.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

PetersCreek

Holy cow, Bubba!  How long ago was that?  I paid $89 for my last 2Gig CF card and I've never come close to payin' that much for milk.   :o

Hey UNK, are you the one who ran Sportsman's Warehouse outta nothin' but the cherry pucks?   ;D  Or are you over in Unalakleet?

Us local smokers oughta talk to SW about makin' a bulk order.  Their price for 48ct is better than Cabelas.
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

iceman

Quote from: PetersCreek on September 08, 2006, 02:52:21 PM
Holy cow, Bubba!  How long ago was that?  I paid $89 for my last 2Gig CF card and I've never come close to payin' that much for milk.   :o

Hey UNK, are you the one who ran Sportsman's Warehouse outta nothin' but the cherry pucks?   ;D  Or are you over in Unalakleet?

Us local smokers oughta talk to SW about makin' a bulk order.  Their price for 48ct is better than Cabelas.
If you get in a bind Mitch over at Heatland (Central Plumbing) Still has some hickory, maple,apple, cherry, special blend, and devils wood that they are closing out. They are no longer dealing the Bradley line.

As far as bulk ordering from SW goes good luck. They didn't even hesitate to say NO! to me. They now have my "kiss my patuty rating". >:(

I think our best bet would be to contact Chez Bubba and work with him on this. He's been top notch to me and everyone else I talk to. Mabe he could work a direct ship out or something along those lines.

BTW we definately have to get together about your pizza. You've got me and Vampyr going on that one. :)

Oldman

QuoteThey now have my "kiss my patuty rating".

Now that is just too funny~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!