Pork Jerky, anybody try it?

Started by CoreyMac, March 18, 2011, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyMac

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 18, 2011, 09:24:44 AM
Oh Corey, I forgot....Pics Please :)

I'll bring the digital camera home from the shop to get some pics of the progress.

Never thought I would ever be taking pics of meat to put on a forum, you guys are hardcore.  ;D

Corey

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: CoreyMac on March 18, 2011, 11:47:21 AM
Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 18, 2011, 09:24:44 AM
Oh Corey, I forgot....Pics Please :)

I'll bring the digital camera home from the shop to get some pics of the progress.

Never thought I would ever be taking pics of meat to put on a forum, you guys are hardcore.  ;D

Corey

I have around 5400 pics. Take pics of all i Q, Smoke and cook

SoCalBuilder

Yeah, my wife thinks I'm a little weird taking pics of meat, but she doesn't make any comments while shes snarfing it down ;D

OU812

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 18, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
Yeah, my wife thinks I'm a little weird taking pics of meat, but she doesn't make any comments while shes snarfing it down ;D

Ditto!

Heck when the kids are over they always ask. "Did you get a picture yet?"  :D

ArnieM

My butcher makes pork jerky.  I prefer it over the beef.  I'll have to find out what cut he uses.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

CoreyMac

Just cut up a pork loin roast, couldn't find a tnder loin. I cut all the fat off and wow, its lean. I have pics just need to down load them. I'll do it tommorow (brought the camera but no replacment batteries)(wanted to save the power for the pics), ran it the through the slicer,about 1/4", its soaking now. Seem like its going to work pretty good.

Corey

ArnieM

You ran the camera through the slicer  ??? ??? ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

CoreyMac

IMAO. I just read what I wrote, it does sound like I ran the camera through the slicer. Luckily I ran the pork through the slicer and put the camera in the blender ;D. Had a few by that time.

Pics coming

Corey

CoreyMac

Finally got time to post the pics. Pork jerky is AWESOME I highly recommend some. Exactly same procedures as beef.

Pork Loin Roast Sliced

Soaking

Finished Product

Here's what I used. Very Good Stuff

The wife loves it. I sliced it a little too thin so it was a bit tough, next time a little thicker and slightly less time in the dehydrator.
I put it in for 7 hrs, 5 1/2,6 would have been plenty.

Corey

KyNola

OU812

That there pork jerky looks mighty tasty!

SoCalBuilder

Looks great and something I'll have to try this weekend. Happen to have a small loin in the freezer. Thanks for the inspiration.