Todays the day

Started by dewy, April 12, 2007, 06:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewy

Just looked at the Fed Ex tracking site, my smokers supposed to be here ;DUnfortunately I still have to wait a week to use it as my wifes working outta town, and she has to pick up the bisquettes for it in Omaha while shes down there :'(I gotta find a closer dealer for these things, closest ones an hour away and its gonna suck driving that far or having to ship them everytime I run out.Guesse Ill have to buy in bulk :-\

Tiny Tim

Where are ya at, Dewy?  I'm about an hour and a half Northeast of Omaha (and an hour Southeast of Sioux City).

dewy

Im about 3 hrs NE of omaha.Little town near Spencer Iowa.

dewy

My smoker arrived, its better than I expected, easy to put together, easy instructions to follow.Might have to make the hour drive to get some bisquettes, dont think I can wait 6 more days to fire it up ;D

PigOut

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

CHUCKWAGON

GO FOR IT MAN. LET THE SMOKE ROLL!!!!!! ;D
If You Get Up From The Table Hungry You Ain't At My House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceman

Quote from: CHUCKWAGON on April 12, 2007, 02:36:20 PM
GO FOR IT MAN. LET THE SMOKE ROLL!!!!!! ;D
You know your not going to sleep tonight if you don't go get those pucks dewy. ::) :D

dewy

I found a happy medium, my sister in laws going to the town that has them Saturday, Im going to have her pick some up.Sunday will be the first cookout.Im planning on getting a couple backstraps from my deer out tommorrow night, putting a rub on em and letting it sit till Sunday morning in the fridge.Throw a couple of my homemade deer ring sausage on as well and invite a few people over.

The good part is Im convienetly forgetting to tell my wife I have some bisquettes already so I should wind up with enough for most of the summer ;D

hillbillysmoker

Can't wait to see how things turn out for you.  Take some pics if you get a chance.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

You will go through them quicker than you realize.  Smoking is habit forming. :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Don't forget to season the BS first.  Check out the post on the recipe site for what to do with a new BS.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Do it do it dewy
smoke it  ;D

nepas

West Coast Kansan

Dewy, always great to add another Iowa guy to the forum. Grew up near estherville.  ;) Welcome  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

dewy

Ok, my Bisquettes will be here today, Ive taken one deer loin around 3 lbs, and about a 3 lb deer roast out, defrosted overnight and put a rub on it with salt pepper, garlic, and a little seasoning salt.I wrapped it in saran wrap and have it sitting in the fridge waiting patiently to be smoked.I also picked up a maverick remote thermometer thats supposed to moniter the chamber and meat temps.Gonna season the smoker in the morning and begin cooking.Think Ill make a pot of baked beans up and stick in as well.

Any suggestion on bisquettes, cooking times, temps, position of damper etc... before I begin?

Also i keep reading about not cooking raw sausages on the smoker that havent been cured.Id like to smoke a couple of my ring sausages on the smoker as well but dont want to poison anyone ;DCan these be cooked on the grill first then thrown in the smoker for a while towards the end of the smoking process to give them a little flavor? There mostly venison and dont have much fat in them to begin with.

dewy

WC kansan, where abouts did you grow up, I live in Ruthven just south of Eshterville.